zappo
spiritofeden
34 posters

going through some shit right now

reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

going through some shit right now - Page 18 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by reuben Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Sorry Viv.

How old is he? It's hard to believe AD could do any damage to a mind from the Darkbloom family.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

going through some shit right now - Page 18 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by vIv Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Secret Gardeners.

Pop's 83. He's had mild dementia for a few years but just got back from a trip to the South Pacific and everything went off the rails. He's incredibly disoriented, confused, angry and scared. He lashed out at me on the phone for 20 minutes in non-stop hurtful barrage, and then totally forgot who he was talking to and became convinced he was in Cuba (he was, in fact, in Seattle).

Crying or Very sad
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:14 am

Harsh. Don't know what to say man.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:29 am

Sorry, Viv. That is tough to deal with.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:18 pm

I'm fairly certain that I just had a panic attack, or something that would have escalated into one anyway. It never happened to me until about a year ago, but I've came fairly close on a number of occasions.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:52 pm

How old are you? I'm close to 35 now and started having them bi-yearly around 32.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:06 pm

I'm 23.

I've read that it happens to most people at least once but always wondered about the legitimacy of that claim.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:25 pm

I used to have panic attacks all the time from 16 to about 25. They ended when I stopped giving a damn about anything.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:51 pm

I had one three years ago or at least that's what they told me it was at the clinic after my boss insisted on driving me there. Really sharp back pains all of a sudden, I had to lie down on the floor for a few minutes and when I got up they told me I was white as a ghost. I did not feel affected by anxiety that day but who knows.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:58 pm

My freshman year of college I had an intense panic attack on a CTA train. It was terrifying. I couldn't breath and your whole body just feels like it is being swarmed by feedback or something. I lived in constant fear of reliving that experience for basically an entire year.

It hasn't happened to me since, which is cool. If they continue try to figure out if some activity is triggering them or if you can do something to alleviate them. Something as simple as having too much coffee on an empty stomach can trigger feelings of anxiety for me.

Smoking helps but the last I heard you were smoke-free.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:16 am

I had such a great week but today I have felt unbelievably miserable. Woke up feeling like shit and just kinda bummed around and procrastinated all day. I hate when this happens.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:25 am

WP just allow yourself to feel joyful.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:21 am

I don't mean to turn this thread into a long list of my neurological woes but I think I just had my first case of alcoholic hallucinosis.

The voice in my head was accusing me of stealing a plank of wood from the car park of a pub. I eventually ended up at a party where someone drew the word 'dickhead' on my forehead, and then I read a thread about it on the internet where someone said they were sure it was me because they had the pictures to prove it.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:18 am

Is this the appropriate thread or is this a Now Boozing post?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:56 pm

I've been having a rough couple months at work. Last Thursday was the worst so I went to Pot Belly for a chocolate shake to make myself feel even shittier.

Since then I feel like I am putting on 5 pounds a day. Serious body dismorphic shit like when I look in the mirror my love handles are sagging to my knees and I have man boobs.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:08 pm

I just saw somebody throw away THREE pieces of pizza.
    ? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Post by ? Ospink Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Ned Braden wrote:I just saw somebody throw away THREE pieces of pizza.
    The site of that would have made me shriek like a a little girl who was just flashed.

I'm posting from Mount Vernon, Illinois. Down here this weekend to help pack up and move my Mother In Law. Feels like I wandered into an episode of Honey Boo Boo. Tweakers and truck drivers everywhere.

Earlier today, I visited a Wal-Mart. Definitely not as snobby or upscale as the Wal-Mart we have in Elgin, I tell you.
    spiritofeden
    spiritofeden
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 31

Post by spiritofeden Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Prince really bummed me out.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/prince-not-playing-massey-hall-tonight-promoter-says-1.2823058
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Since July I've had persistent aches and pains in my neck and back, stiffness in my joints, headaches and the constant feeling that I have to take a shit even when I don't have to at all. This begins in the morning and has been happening regularly like 2 times a week, sometimes 3. Starting to wonder if I have fibromyalgia.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:00 pm

That's frightening.

When it comes to health concerns I oscillate between fits of being a neurotic hypochondriac or being a total carefree idiot. I have these weird aches in both hips that results in both severe pain and this weird feeling of hollowness. It makes literally no fucking sense.

I've basically resigned to the idea that I probably have pancreatic cancer and have like a few days left in my earthly state (I know that hip pain and pancreatic cancer have absolutely no correlation, but still!) But I'm also pretty convinced that I might be immortal and probably won't ever die.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 pm

I cracked my thumb too much yesterday and now it feels stiff, like it needs cracked again...but it won't.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:46 am

I still think C-poots's avatar is Joe Biden with some glasses on his hand.  Only realized they were glasses, like, a month ago.  Mine is a harsh realm.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:12 pm

My MacBook Pro got knocked off my kitchen counter last week and the place I took it to said it cannot be fixed and all the files are fucked.

This computer was 6 years old and contained thousands of illegally downloaded songs I never backed up. I am ready to give up on life.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:28 pm

I feel your pain.

My great computer crash of '08 gave rise the current 'contract of paranoia' which sees all music, pictures and documents double backed-up (on two separate externals).

All my video files are on one 2TB external, which seems a little risky but I'm fucked if I'm going to buy another one just to back that up. Where would it end?
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:30 pm

going through some shit right now - Page 18 Macworld-Mac-Pro-expansion-test

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 am