zappo
spiritofeden
34 posters

going through some shit right now

Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

going through some shit right now - Page 21 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:09 pm

Tfw you discover the secondary school teacher you were fondest of was fired for coming onto a student...

I hadn't attended the school for four years but she was my girlfriend at the time which makes it all the weirder. Oh well.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

going through some shit right now - Page 21 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by WP64 Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:37 pm

I haven't smoked weed in four years but I still fucking resent the idea that someday my wage contract will involve pissing in a cup...
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:47 am

Ya'll ever get so pissed off about a nagging cold and runny nose that you decide fuck it I'm just going to sniff this snot back up my nose because I'm fucking over blowing my nose every 45 seconds?
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:43 pm

I'll just drink it up
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:39 am

I never really learned how to effectively blow my nose. So ya, I do that all of the time.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:41 am

Although recently I discovered the technique where you alternate closing one nostril at a time while blowing. Life changing.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:26 am

My wife's boss decided to take his own life in early november.  No note or anything, he had a wife and 4yo boy.  We went to the wake, it was one of the saddest things I'd ever experienced.  4yo demanding to give a eulogy.  She works from home, as all at the company do, but we knew the man, my wife grew up with his wife.  So we had an actual relationship with him.    

Meanwhile, her co-workers are checking their cell phones, cackling, etc behind us during the service.  (earning my disdain)

Those people were demons.  Like sociopath energy.  They had my wife plan the after event.  Since she was his part assistant, and assistant to another higher up, she expected they would re-assure her that her job would be safe.

They just fired her over the phone yesterday.  4 weeks pay.  They are "Restructuring"

One business day before Thanksgiving.  I am so angry and upset.  What callous jerks.  I understand if they wanted to get rid of her, if her job was superflouous, but couldn't they wait til after the holidays?  

Now we have like 200 dollars after I pay mortgage and utilities.  With a 2yo girl at home.

What type of people decide to do this? Do they feel nothing when they sit down to their Turkey with their families after deciding to let someone go this way?
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:32 am

Imagining punching those mofo's in the mouth right now.
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:36 am

I really think they fired her boss and then he killed himself. They were so shady at the funeral, they had this bimbo fly in with the upper boss and "make sure his wife knew how to work his computer" (wipe the hard drive of evidence/emails of severance package?...hmm)

kept talking about how they had to get things from his office. And also made reference that they were going to "make sure ...said wife... was compensated"

This man was the head of I.T. and then all of a sudden my wife reported to another man who was "sharing his work" and basically for the last two months she heard very little from her former boss. Pretty sure he was being replaced. Now they want to get rid of the last thread tying them to the dead man and his wife (of which my wife associates)

Just a hunch
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:46 am

That is an unbelievable and infuriating series of posts. I'm really sorry. I wish I had something productive to offer, but I'm just mad for all the same reasons y'all are. Unbelievable!
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:47 am

You and your family are certainly in my (and all of our, I'm sure) thoughts. Jesus.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Rough, man, sorry to hear.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:07 pm

jesus man.
    Fuck those disgusting people… they'll get theirs… in this life, or the next… or not as all, but even if they don't they're still horrible people who by their own brain malfunctions can't be living a satisfying life so… take that I guess?
    God I don't even know where to start. The despicableness of human activity.
    Good luck to you and the wife. I'm sure you'll continue to be way more awesome than 90% of everyone, which counts for something.
    ? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Post by ? Ospink Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:30 pm

Fuck's sake. I've worked for some shitheels before, but that beats everything.

Be strong, Coyote.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:22 am

I'm sorry to hear that.

No idea what I'd do in that situation or what I think you ought to do, I hope things have been otherwise good to you and your family this year.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Buying a camera bag on jototes.com for my wife, and it says I can save 5 bucks by sharing now on Facebook. But if I do that, she will know what I got her for christmas!  affraid

Absolute most first-world going through some shit right now experience imaginable, but still.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:08 am

You should un-Friend her and then share it to get the discount. She probably won't notice you're not friends for a few days and at that point you should be OK.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:57 pm

I feel like I have an unusually high percent of instances where it gets to be my turn at a check out lane and the cashier runs out of receipt paper. Then, they have to go and find new paper, replace the old spool and inevitably the replacement process doesn't go smooth and the shit just jams up.

It happened twice this week in two different establishments but this happens quite often and I am getting super frustrated. I don't want to waste anymore time I have on Earth waiting on shit like this.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:24 pm

nick, how do you feel about the chip scanners taking longer to process at checkout than the previous method of card swiping?
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:23 pm

IANN, but I pay cash for 95% of my purchases.  Not gonna funnel any money into Visa if I can avoid it.
    That said, this chip technology is supposed to protect people's info from hacking or whatever,  so I'm in favor of that.   Shitheads who can't find their money or do their job by keeping a spare roll of paper nearby, if Target or Jewel or whoever could figure out a way to keep them together in their own special lane, that would be great.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:11 am

ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:nick, how do you feel about the chip scanners taking longer to process at checkout than the previous method of card swiping?  

I had to deal with that at Target this afternoon trying to buy a $3 Xmas card. What an inconvenience!!!
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:48 pm

I just tap my card and fuck off now. Scenes.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:57 pm

My mum just told me my sister is pregnant and planning to keep the baby. I'm in a state of absolute shock. She's 19 years old and I don't want to sound snobby or classiest but this seems like such an unusual thing for someone from our social background. I have a real sense of impending doom on her behalf, which may seem like a fairly dehumanising way of looking at new life but I just feel that she's going to miss out on so much of the typical adult development and comparative lack of responsibility everyone should be entitled to at this stage of their life.

I haven't really processed this yet and I'm still in a state of total shock but unfortunately those are my initial reactions. Obviously I'm not going to voice any of these concerns to her.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Congrats on becoming an uncle!
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks, Nick. Happy Christmas to everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:10 am