zappo
spiritofeden
34 posters

going through some shit right now

_
    _
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 60

going through some shit right now - Page 29 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by _ Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:10 am

would be cool to able to let relationships with people i have real feelings for progress naturally instead of wanting/expecting exclusivity after a month out of neediness and insecurity
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

going through some shit right now - Page 29 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by chrondog Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:53 pm

oof, i had one of those nights last night.

it's not even that i am emotionally incapable of handling the ambiguity or the waiting for something good. i've done that countless times; i respect that other people have their own experiences that don't revolve around me. it's that the longing to skip the coy, early period of guardedness and move into something with real emotional resonance is so strong.

i don't need them to be anything in particular, i just want them to want to be around.

_
    _
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 60

Post by _ Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:18 pm

yeah

that feeling of ambiguity inevitably turns into childish and irrational feelings of inadequacy on my part that i can't get over. oh well
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:31 pm

yes, that's what i find. intellectually i'm capable of putting things in perspective and being patient, but emotionally i feel inadequate and self-destructive in those moments of stillness. i know it's wrong to rely on other people to motivate yourself, but i don't what else i'm motivated by other than not being alone.

i'm working on getting abs so attractive women will want to hang out with me even if my personality sucks.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:13 am

Thank you for your interest in SoFi. At this time, we're unable to refinance your student loans due to estimates of monthly cash flow and credit history. But don't worry, our review of your credit history has not impacted your credit score.

What might help you qualify?

• While not required, some applicants choose to ask a parent, grandparent, sibling, relative, or other individual to co-sign their loan. Adding a co-signer may help you qualify and might even get you a lower rate. However, the refinancing process takes about a week longer, on average. It also means that your co-signer will be responsible for repaying your loans if you are unable to.

• If you'd like to apply with a co-signer, enter their name and address below. They will then receive an email asking them to log in at SoFi.com, complete the application, and consent to co-signing your loan. We will notify you if you're pre-approved so that you can see your rates and select your loan

• We encourage you to apply again if your situation changes at a later date. Examples include getting a promotion, starting a new job, graduating from school, paying down other debt, relocating to a new area, or earning a new degree.

Fuck it.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Walking through the supermarket. All this food is unappealing, but I need to eat. Also, “jingle bell rock” is playing.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 am

God damn, that sucks Undo. I don’t have much experience with that stuff, but sounds like the worst kind of nightmare.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Ned Braden wrote:God damn, that sucks Undo. I don’t have much experience with that stuff, but sounds like the worst kind of nightmare.

It's really not, I'm fine or at least as fine as anyone can be in a financial situation like the one I'm in, which is tolerable if you can let go of the inherited expectation of "doing better than your parents" and don't mind driving a car that may or may not literally rust out in 2018.

I'd gotten advice to try to refinance and figured it wouldn't hurt to look into it, but I guess that stuff is for people who get recruited out of college into $60K a year jobs or something at age 23 or whatever.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Undo what do you do as a profession?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Medical imaging, basically.

I suppose it actually pays very well but I am part time and so it doesn't, at least not right now.

I have a few other gigs that I'm making extra dough through, some taxed and some not, but it guess all that doesn't quite add up to what anyone here would call real money.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:06 am

Man, I'm broke as shit. You sound like the biggest of all ballers.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:32 am

I estimated my income for the year the other night based on the past four months of wages and multiplied by three. It was such a small amount that I don't even feel comfortable posting it here.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:34 am

Oh, there's no fucking way I'd post them shits. I've got a pretend reputation to maintain.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 am

I'm just trying to be lighthearted. I hope that that's clear. I'm not trying to tell you to shut up and stop complaining. I'm just saying that you're not alone. I feel you, B.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 am

Oh, I know.

The longer post that would follow this isn't really coming together for me like I thought it would, but yeah, I know you're not literally judging me or anyone else here.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:12 am

I really hope that things start looking up much sooner than later.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:45 am

Since my dad died my mom has literally avoided me because (I think this is the reason) I felt he was verbally and emotionally abusive to me. I was very supportive throughout his ALS and let a lot go, did not make any scenes, respectful etc.

At his funeral I was making rounds and my dumb aunt and her family sat at the head of the table in my spot. I've been in too many fights as the black sheep so I let them sit there. I brought it up to my brother and the story is "people encouraged you to sit there but you didn't want to"

Throughout my life in the family, members have done very disrespectful things to me then either denied it happened or blamed me for the interaction. It's so tiresome and not worth it any longer.

My brother also told me I was full of shit and making up stories of how I've been treated.

They all treat me like crap, who needs them. It's sad because I'm honestly friendly and reasonable. At least I have my wife and daughter. It's just lonely.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Sorry to hear that, man. Family can be a drag.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Duff... wrote:Family can be a drag.

Props!
    Escobar Season
    Escobar Season
    Admin

Pizzas : 5

Post by Escobar Season Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:36 pm

doing a scary career transition!@!

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:42 am

What are you up to.
    Escobar Season
    Escobar Season
    Admin

Post by Escobar Season Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:38 am

leaving music writing, hopefully, as well as the crushing debt it gave me

Admin

Post by Escobar Season Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:38 am

dont want to jinx it though

basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 am

How’s life in NY?
    Escobar Season
    Escobar Season
    Admin

Post by Escobar Season Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:49 pm

im back in chicago!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:45 pm