spiritofeden
34 posters

going through some shit right now

Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

going through some shit right now - Page 38 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by Michael K. Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Fuck, dude. Really sorry for you. Enjoy the unemployment, at least.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

going through some shit right now - Page 38 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by zappo Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:32 am

Really sorry, JJ. Good luck! I have less than no doubt that you're headed for both bigger and better things, but I know that this still sucks shit. Very, very sorry.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:09 am

thanks y’all

going on tour out west in october, just got hired as a bartender at a different spot

just gonna keep making records no one listens to and bouncing from restaurant to restaurant until i die i suppose
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 284
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Training, of most any kind, is boring as fuck.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:04 pm

jesus jones wrote:
    just gonna keep making records no one listens to and bouncing from restaurant to restaurant until i die i suppose

The night before you posted this, I listened to Ceremony out on my porch at 1:00 in the morning. It was great.

This was also the first time anything on my Bandcamp app didn't scrobble the way it should have, very irritating as I wanted to show you proof
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:59 pm

Two part post:

Do you ever just have one little thing happen and it totally ruins your day and no amount of reflecting on the fact that none of it matters and that you shouldn't take it personally is enough to stop you from totally ruminating on it for hours or days?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Do you find the temptation to go online and complain about it in detail helpful or actually detrimental to getting over it?

Do you have a fear of oversharing?

The real life experiences some people have and find a way to persevere though just amazes me, whereas I feel like if I were to stub my toe really bad, I'd feel compelled to write several paragraphs about it and seek a very specific sort of validation for my misfortune. It's become a habit that doesn't bode well for my future, as nothing bad has actually happened to me yet, I feel like it's all kind of stuck at the top of the dam and will eventually be released all at once at some unknown point in the future and I don't think I've developed the tools to deal with any of it yet.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:18 pm

That's just called being human. We tend to grossly over-exaggerate the significance of relatively minor bullshit (I have acid reflux right now and in my own head this is basically the end of the world and everyone should stop everything they are doing and thinking to help me resolve this right fucking now) but are actually incredibly resilient when it comes to managing/coping/dealing with serious things in our lives.

It is entirely normal. Stubbing your toe fucking sucks. Just don't over think these things so much, would be my advice.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:43 pm

undo wrote: I feel like if I were to stub my toe really bad, I'd feel compelled to write several paragraphs about it

I'd read that post.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:47 pm

Certainly on the interwebs and in real life I tend not to say much about myself, and the feeling that people might react by thinking "Why is this person telling me this?" (despite me reacting that way to other people very rarely) has at least something to do with that. But back when our community was built around Greg Kot people would start entire threads to say "I like this new The Hold Steady record" so we can probably stand to have more oversharing around here to be frank.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:11 pm

I can start retro teenage shit posting anytime you guys want. Just let me know. going through some shit right now - Page 38 3057574548
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:16 pm

undo wrote:
    jesus jones wrote:

The night before you posted this, I listened to Ceremony out on my porch at 1:00 in the morning. It was great.

This was also the first time anything on my Bandcamp app didn't scrobble the way it should have, very irritating as I wanted to show you proof
    aw thanks man, truly glad you enjoyed it

undo wrote:Two part post:

Do you ever just have one little thing happen and it totally ruins your day and no amount of reflecting on the fact that none of it matters and that you shouldn't take it personally is enough to stop you from totally ruminating on it for hours or days?
    yes 100%
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:16 pm

depression is like living in a well and clawing your way to the light at the top until a stone gives way and you tumble to the bottom to start again
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:09 pm

WP64 wrote:I can start retro teenage shit posting anytime you guys want. Just let me know. going through some shit right now - Page 38 3057574548

You stopped? Zing!
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Ayyyoooooohhh
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 pm

going through some shit right now - Page 38 Source
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:45 am

Sitting in the waiting room waiting for physical

Come with a full bladder, they said ( I mean I didn't take this completely literally, but still...)

They will NOT call my name, I am dying
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:56 am

Oh no. Hang in there!

I had to hold it for an entire hour recently because I went out drinking and took the wrong fucking bus late at night and ended up having to transfer. Took me forever to get home and I was literally dying. Best feeling in the world though once I finally made it into my apartment.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Jesus WP, why didn’t you just go behind a garbage can or something?
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Well most of the time was spent on a bus, so that wasn't an option. But also, I have class. iwantsomeofthat
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:25 pm

It’s true, you mentioned a transfer but I wouldnt use that to relieve myself either... classy.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:51 am

Tough crowd. Hope you made it through, Undo.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 pm

I made it through safely

I can go 8+ hours at work without a bathroom break or even feeling any urge to so long as I'm not crushing coffees or slamming sodas (I'm probably slowly killing myself here with constant mild dehydration and inflicting some invisible but irreversible damage to my bladder, IDK).

Have one sip of water one hour before bed and I have to get up to piss three times in the night, I swear
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:55 pm

My mom passed away this evening after a 6 year battle with cancer. She died at home with my dad, my brother & myself present.

Over the past few days, as she deteriorated quickly, I wouldn’t wish on anyone to see their mom go through that. Last night I was leaving the house around midnight after helping my dad lift her onto the couch and I said, “Ok mommy I’ll see you tomorrow.” She didn’t respond so I kissed her on the head and left.

Right as I hit the door to leave she yelled, “Nick, you’ll always be my best buddy.”

I loved her so much guys. She was the best.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:07 am

I’m so sorry. What wonderful last words. Sending my good vibes to you and your family.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:45 am