Ted Falconi
Ned Braden
undo
ClosetOfExhaustion
Duff...
zappo
Paves
30 posters

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 9 Empty Re: paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

Post by Duff... Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:27 am

Took a quick glance at the Friday lineup, Young Thug and Paul McCartney might literally be the only acts I'd have any interest in seeing.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 9 Empty Re: paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

Post by Nick Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Post Lollapalooza feedback in the office seems to be it was hot & dusty. Everyone loved Cold War Kids & The War on Drugs. Something called The Tallest Man On Earth was referred to as sounding like classic Bob Dylan. People also bought tickets for this act's late August return date as they were so impressed.

Most left McCartney early because they are not that into The Beatles. Though it was agreed amongst the group Friday was the strongest day in Lolla history. People that had Saturday or Sunday tickets sold them because of the heat, threat of bad weather or were simply exhausted from all Friday had to offer.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:13 am

Something called The Tallest Man On Earth was referred to as sounding like classic Bob Dylan.

Chronodiggity was really into this guy a few years back. He's definitely OK.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:07 pm

I've never heard his music but have heard of him. The reaction I got when I informed them I wasn't aware of his sound was less "Oh he sounds like Bob Dylan" and more "He's a modern day Bob Dylan and so important to music it insults us you haven't absorbed his full discography".
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:39 am

Well he strums a guitar and sings a little funny, which is about all it takes to be called a modern day Dylan.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:11 pm

How are the Cold War Kids still a thing?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Beats me, man.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:57 pm

undo wrote:How are the Cold War Kids still a thing?

Speaking of "talking about music with coworkers", this 25-year-old guy I used to work with a year ago repped these guys hard. Apparently these dudes have had like three or four albums since that one song of theirs any of us have heard of. I kept my my silence but the Alt-J fan was receptive.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Anybody live anywhere near Norfolk/va beach area in virginia? Cause I think we should try to make a Marshall Stacks gig happen here in the next month or so.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:01 pm

Anyone planning on trying to get tickets to this Bruce Springsteen The River tour deal?
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:42 pm

I'm kinda friends with one guy who's in that band Lamb of God, and this other friend called tonight to ask if I wanted to go see them at the Aragon tonight, he's got 2 free tickets.  Anthrax is opening.
    Im' not going - I don't really like either band, and can't make it anyway.  Weird to seethe particular place these guys are on the metal scene atm though.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:58 pm

I don't know what seeing a 68 year old Iggy Pop is like but that set list last night at Chicago Theater was quite strong.
    _
    _
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 60

Post by _ Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:12 pm

been a great year for shitty garage shows so far

Acid Mothers Temple last week was one of the best live experiences i've ever had and Royal Trux at Levitation was an ugly, half-assed mess that i'm glad i witnessed

see you guys at High on Fire tomorrow
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:51 pm

I bought Gun n Roses tickets this morning. Fuck it.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:24 pm

https://www.ravinia.org/ShowDetails/Index?id=1173

Everyone says this is such an amazing place to C live music but I shudder at the thought of what most of those people would consider to be a great concert experience.

What's getting me is the now-or-never feeling I have about this.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:58 am

Fuck. Just today I was talking about how I needed to go C Bob Dylan before it is too late.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:36 am

undo wrote:https://www.ravinia.org/ShowDetails/Index?id=1173

Everyone says this is such an amazing place to C live music but I shudder at the thought of what most of those people would consider to be a great concert experience.

What's getting me is the now-or-never feeling I have about this.

OK. I've never been here. But it's pretty much a great place to bring a bottle of wine 4 live background music.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:34 pm

Ned Braden wrote:Anybody live anywhere near Norfolk/va beach area in virginia? Cause I think we should try to make a Marshall Stacks gig happen here in the next month or so.

i live in richmond, va
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:09 pm

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark will be the opening band 4... wait 4 it: http://www.ravinia.org/ShowDetails/Index?id=1087
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Sun May 01, 2016 10:43 am

At long last, they've made it!
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Thu May 12, 2016 12:21 pm

The internet is telling me that Glenn Danzig and Jerry Only R reuniting 4 some sort of shitty garage show cash-grab thing at Riot Fest.
    _
    _
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 60

Post by _ Thu May 12, 2016 12:28 pm

yeah that's gonna be total garbage and i'll absolutely be there
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu May 12, 2016 12:57 pm

I like how the Internet is responsible 4 people discovering/re-discovering older music but all this nostalgia tour bullshit is going too far.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Thu May 12, 2016 1:07 pm

I assume that they'll have broken back up by the time the Chicago dates come around, so we may yet be spared.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Thu May 12, 2016 1:09 pm

That said, I'm also likely to attend this sure-to-be-historically-awful performance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:51 pm