18 posters

NFL Discussion

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

NFL Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL Discussion

Post by Nick Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:09 am

I think that Packers loss was not an anomaly but probably the start of a long, embarrassing season that will result in a meltdown of the fan base and by mid season arguments in public between front office and players.

Rodgers will be traded too.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:01 pm

After watching that game yesterday I fully believe it wasn’t Trubiskys fault. Matt Nagy just isn’t a very good coach. I’m not really that into football and I could see the game plan wasn’t working by the middle of the second quarter. How do you not change anything at halftime after getting sacked like 4 times? A real shame if they let this kid turn into Trub because of inferior play calling, he could be a Lamar Jackson type talent and instead he’s gonna be just like our other two quarterbacks, Dalton and Foles, second string at best.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:39 pm

Aaron Rodgers hooks up with a Hollywood actress that believes in making her own medicine and now look where we are at.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:18 pm

Where we are at? I think you’re the only Packers fan here, buddy! I couldn’t be happier that he hooked up with a shaman!
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1139

Post by undo Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:21 pm

John Madden died
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:51 pm

The best Oakland Raider ever.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:27 pm

Wild Card Weekend! Settling in for lots of football the next 2 days.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:37 pm

Watching Josh Allen crush it was dope
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:41 pm

The 49ers are the one team I wanted the Packers to avoid. 49ers are responsible for ripping the hearts out of Packers fans in the playoffs for like 30 years.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:52 pm

sorry, amigo but

NFL Discussion - Page 24 Heart-temple-of-doom

let's keep it fucking going
    John Boy Walton
    John Boy Walton
    Right Wing Savage

Pizzas : 2
    DispositionFUGLY

Post by John Boy Walton Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:09 am

Gut feeling but I think this is Green Bay's year. I know that Aaron Rodgers is a choke artist but I think he's got one more in him.

My prediction:
    Green Bay beats Buffalo in a Super Bowl shoot out.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:43 pm

now that would be a fun watch!
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:59 am

Damn, I guess all those visions didn’t pay off. The shaman was wrong, he wasn’t immune… lol
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:14 am

Last night after the Packers lost I had to console my 11 year old who was crying. This was his first season where he was just all-in on the Packers and the NFL in general. It was a lot of fun watching the games with him.

I told him the loss sucks but not to let that take away from all the fun we had. He looked at me crying and said he thought if they could have won the Super Bowl it would have made my Dad happy. Because he’s seemed so sad since my mom died.

That was some When Parenting Gets Real shit.

But I also find it odd all the vitriol online thrown Rodgers way. Sorry he didn’t take the vaccination. People should go put that energy into attacking those in power responsible for death, destruction and continued poverty on a much larger scale.
    John Boy Walton
    John Boy Walton
    Right Wing Savage

DispositionFUGLY

Post by John Boy Walton Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:36 pm

damn was i wrong, i really didn't think it was possible for Rodgers to be this much of a pussy, but he seems like such an asshat in real life: he must just be a hyper talented cancer
    John Boy Walton
    John Boy Walton
    Right Wing Savage

DispositionFUGLY

Post by John Boy Walton Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:38 pm

Nick wrote:Last night after the Packers lost I had to console my 11 year old who was crying. This was his first season where he was just all-in on the Packers and the NFL in general. It was a lot of fun watching the games with him.

I told him the loss sucks but not to let that take away from all the fun we had. He looked at me crying and said he thought if they could have won the Super Bowl it would have made my Dad happy. Because he’s seemed so sad since my mom died.

That was some When Parenting Gets Real shit.

But I also find it odd all the vitriol online thrown Rodgers way. Sorry he didn’t take the vaccination. People should go put that energy into attacking those in power responsible for death, destruction and continued poverty on a much larger scale.

That's a great age. Sorry for your loss in Packer land.

Plus, Rodgers is going to leave soon and the Packers are going to suck for a long, long time.

Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:12 pm

Nice, JBW.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:46 am

I watched The Big Game. The advertisements left me uninspired.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:21 am

I had a really really long chat today with the check out guy at the supermarket who was super into football. He seemed to have some learning disabilities but also seemed like a generally solid bro and when he was like “The Rams,” I said, “Yeah, I am an old guy so I remember Marshall Faulk.” All in all, pretty good conversation, pretty good day. Didn’t watch the game. I hope the football football’d well.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:50 pm

After kickoff I shouted "24-14 Rams!" at my friends, so I ended up being pretty close.

Didn't feel great watching Stan Kroenke lift the trophy at the end there because he owns Arsenal, but whatever. I was marginally rooting for the Rams due to my West Coast bias.

I made 8 double onion cheeseburgers with my house-made burger sauce during the game that were a hit. I also made a rough chop red potato salad with more herbs than mayo (and I used vegan mayo). My friends grilled tri tip (a California classic), corn, and chicken. I made a steak sandwich on a seeded baguette and drank a bunch of seltzers.

Nothing like having a mild reason to get together.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:03 pm

Calvin Ridley getting suspended for an entire season because of gambling is really hard to wrap my head around. Yes, the rules are clear and players are told they are under no circumstances to bet on games.

But the league is running a thousand miles per hour with gambling sites now as advertising partners and have segments all the time on NFL Network focused on best bets to make.

Plus, you have the white owner of the Miami Dolphins telling his former coach - an African American - to purposely lose games and when he didn’t he was fired. No action taken there yet…

The league finds so many ways to make me feel bad about being a fan of the game.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat May 21, 2022 12:20 am

NFL Discussion - Page 24 Fqpcyr10

Every time I see a commercial for "The Match" I get flashbacks to this

Spoiler:
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:46 am

How do any of you feel about the Bears moving to Arlington Heights?

I have never been to a Bears game or set foot in Soldier Field at all, so I can't say anything about what the stadium experience is like.

I asked a (suburban white) coworker what they thought about it and they complained "there's no restaurants in the area!" so they're all onboard for this. I guess that matters to a lot of people? I kind of hate that but maybe it's okay? But people say the same thing about the United Center. Maybe if they had waited another decade or so to build that, it would have been in a totally different location? Seems like that matters much more now than it ever did in the past, for whatever reason.

I still want to go to a Bears game someday and I like the idea of freezing my ass off there in the same way that my parents and grandparents once did. Maybe it won't feel quite so romantic if/when I ever do and it's 10 F degree windchill in the 3rd quarter! Maybe believing that there's something "pure" about that, whether it's a fan experience or a notion about preserving the tradition of the game in its rawest form, means nothing in a world where those ideas don't hold a candle to the possibilities of doubling your corporate skybox revenue or making the stadium more accessible to suburban fans with extra money to spend who are scared of driving into the city. We're entering an era of scarcity where we need to reconsider the resources we use and our need for ultimate comfort 24 hours a day... perfect time to build a climate-controlled indoor megacomplex with shopping and entertainment options that less maybe 1% of fans will access via public transportation!

Maybe this all just feels rotten as hell to me because there's this unspoken undertone of the Bears sticking it to the uppity black mayor and the ungrateful urban poors who refuse to pay for a state of the art dome, or that they're finally skipping out on a Fox News-curated nightmare of a city plagued by crime and corruption that coddles gangbangers and punishes Good Cops (if this is going too far and it's all in my head, okay fine yeah that's possible). The idea that they're delivering their product to the real fans who matter most in Naperville, Schaumburg and Hoffman Estates who care most about premium parking and pre/post-game Dave and Busters bullshit, or that this is just about being able to host a Super Bowl and raking in millions from that without actually having to make the postseason themselves, feels inescapable. Winning Super Bowls is a pain in the ass, why keep pretending that's the point of owning a team?

The Bears are about to become as much of a Chicago team as the Jets are a New York team and everyone couldn't be happier about it! Soldier Field, easily the most iconically-located outdoor stadium in the USA ("iT lOoKs LiKe A sPaCeShIp LOL!"), is about to lose most of its revenue and begin a slow and unstoppable process of decay and ruin that no one wants to pay for because a sports stadium and the culture it brings to a city means about as much as shopping mall at this point.

Can't stop progress! wank
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:08 pm

I’ve been to Soldier Field a bunch for Bears, high school games (Marion catholic vs. somebody), and a concert (Pearl Jams infamous anti Ticketmaster year) The bears moving to AH means nothing to me. I think Soldier Filed will still be used as a great downtown venue for concerts, so I don’t think it’s going anywhere. When the residents of AH realize how much their taxes are going up to foot the bill for this thing, they’ll be a lot less enthusiastic.

Also, there is nothing romantic about freezing your ass off. When I ran the cell phone repair business the owner gave me tickets to games that he didn’t want to goto. One was a game that ended up being close to the end of the season and was about 10 degrees. We brought blankets and wore heavy clothing which did nothing because when you’re not moving around it gets cold! One of the reasons we went to that particular game was to give my son and dad (grandpa) a ‘memory’ but I can tell you for certain none of us remember who won. Memory for sure!

All major sports markets will do this because it’s money and fans are stupid enough to spend $1000 to spend the night at the stadium hotel and spend 8x more then what you’d spend at any place in the city for the ‘fan experience of a lifetime!’ This thought is probably unfinished but I’m tired of typing.

Also, go Bears!
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:48 pm

undo wrote:The Bears are about to become as much of a Chicago team as the Jets are a New York team and everyone couldn't be happier about it!

Oh, so this basically always applied to the NY Giants as well. Guess it's very normal and cool wherever you go! At least it's 5 miles from NYC. Arlington Heights is [checks Google] 27 miles from Chicago!

Kind of sad that Soldier Field is the smallest stadium in the NFL, I did not know that until today. But it seems like there's almost zero correlation between stadium size and the population of the city the team is supposed to be from.

https://www.stadiumsofprofootball.com/comparisons/

Remember this game today because in a few years they will never have to get their uniforms dirty ever again!

I'm genuinely surprised by how much I suddenly care about this, it's made me realize there's some kind of a conservative streak that runs through me that cherishes certain kinds of traditions and hates to see the world change in certain ways that I always thought it never would and I really fucking hope that it begins and ends with this kind of stuff and never goes into politics or ideas regarding other people's personal lives or families. I hope you all know what to do next if it comes to that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:34 pm