techno raj
ClosetOfExhaustion
23 posters

General World News Dumping Ground

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

General World News Dumping Ground - Page 3 Empty Re: General World News Dumping Ground

Post by Nick Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:15 pm

I've read all about this and it only reinforces my disdain for US and Russian governments.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

General World News Dumping Ground - Page 3 Empty Re: General World News Dumping Ground

Post by Nick Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:20 pm

The only positive that could come out of this is the girls from Pussy Riot die.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1140

Post by undo Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Have you watched the video of them being attacked in Sochi by men with whips?

I haven't.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Yea I saw that video and fully support those women in Pussy Riot being put in their place by men.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Does this just mean the Cold War never really ended? I'm too disinterested to read about any of this because I'm pretty sure it will just reaffirm my cynicism. I'm rooting for the men and women in Ukraine to increase their political freedom and overall quality of life. Go that team!
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:33 pm

Who amongst you is giving me No Pizza for my Pussy Riot hatred?!?!

Yer makin me MAAD 
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:57 pm

I took a slice. Wasn't the only one though.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:55 pm

wp64 wrote:Does this just mean the Cold War never really ended?

it never started and it never ended. it was just a name for the overarching narrative in foreign policy during the Pax Americana. today, global superpowers continue to only engage in proxy wars, which was basically the goal of NATO.

Russia will continue to be a meddlesome second-tier power until they run out of oil and stupid minerals buried in Siberia. they would love to steal parts of the Ukraine to increase their exploitation of natural resources and add a few more seconds to their relevancy clock.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:59 pm

General World News Dumping Ground - Page 3 01ed778f851510c29
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Just as Michael Jackson's death was a gift to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the entire government of Iran -- Western media was heavily focused on the burgeoning revolution in Iran throughout June of 2009 until the day he MJ was announced dead, immediately after which the whole revolution and the regime's brutal response to it was reduced to a half page story on page 12 in papers -- this missing plane is one the best things that Vladimir Putin could have asked for right now.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Today Mark Zuckerberg posted on Facebook that he doesn't agree with the government invading our privacy. Bill Gates gave an interview stating the US government is one of the best in the world.

Fuck both these cunts.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:00 pm

undo wrote:Just as Michael Jackson's death was a gift to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the entire government of Iran -- Western media was heavily focused on the burgeoning revolution in Iran throughout June of 2009 until the day he MJ was announced dead, immediately after which the whole revolution and the regime's brutal response to it was reduced to a half page story on page 12 in papers -- this missing plane is one the best things that Vladimir Putin could have asked for right now.

Wait, so the "revolution" in Iran that was being championed by social media dorks only ended because MJ died? And Putin is having his way because Malaysia apparently has outdated air traffic control equipment?

The US fucking invaded Iraq on bad intelligence and Putin wants a shitty piece of Ukraine and deserves isolation from the West?!?

Fucking hell bring me the heads of Pussy Riot.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:20 pm

The real problem is Obama is a fucking pussy. Amirite, Nick?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:31 pm

i'm surprised at how en pointe John Kerry has been through this whole situation, honestly

also, you can ignore the pageview whoring headline on this piece, but i spent a good deal of time today reading about the East Congo crisis that has been going on without much notice (by me included): http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/03/russ-feingold-congo-104535.html#.UyJpKfmwKzc

linked to from that article is one of the more badass websites i can remember. one that tactically breaks down African guerilla fighting: http://www.africandefence.net/analysis-how-m23-was-rolled-back/
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:16 am

#KONY2012
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:27 pm

#KONY2016
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 am

Ukranian parliament scuffle as Renaissance art..

General World News Dumping Ground - Page 3 3034124-inline-i-1-art-ukraine-fight
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:42 am

Just when you think it is impossible to more ashamed about being an American something like what is taking place in Ferguson raises that shame significantly.

The fact that no high ranking official has come out to condemn this. The fact that our President hasn't come out and condemned this shows how far off the rails this country has gotten.

Ferguson is basically a small sample of the police state / Robocop future we'll all be living under in the next decade.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:35 am

Pretty on point: http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/america-is-not-for-black-people-1620169913
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Post by yancy Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:21 pm

None of my Missouri redneck family have said a word about this on facebook, where they jabber constantly about anything & everything else. I dunno what's worse; silence, or what they'd actually say about it.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Nick wrote:The fact that our President hasn't come out and condemned this shows how far off the rails this country has gotten.
    He did today. Pretty sure he saw this post.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Yea he looked pissed that he had to be inconvenienced to address this.

Whatever, glad he was able to be back on the golf course an hour later.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:31 am

Jesus fucking Christ have you guys seen this yet:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5696546
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:38 am

General World News Dumping Ground - Page 3 BviVg-_IMAEMImQ
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 231

Post by techno raj Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:48 pm

ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:General World News Dumping Ground - Page 3 BviVg-_IMAEMImQ

Ouch, there's a lot of problems with this. Is this making the rounds on social media? It would be really unfortunate if this kind of thing detracted from all the legitimate arguments people are making right now about police force and racism.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:28 pm