ClosetOfExhaustion
23 posters

General World News Dumping Ground

ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

General World News Dumping Ground - Page 4 Empty Re: General World News Dumping Ground

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 pm

i only saw it once, so i don't know how often it's getting repeated.

i like this one much much more, even if it has been resurrected from last December:

Iceland grieves after police kill a man for the first time in its history
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

General World News Dumping Ground - Page 4 Empty Re: General World News Dumping Ground

Post by yancy Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:24 pm

I could imagine both sides saying "but everyone in Iceland is white!" for very different reasons.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:09 pm

raj gibson wrote:Is this making the rounds on social media?
    I've seen a lot of user comments to this effect but it's hard to get a read on how worth nothing those are ever.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:09 pm

^Good wording, good boarding.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:03 pm

you guys read this GQ article about the dude who lived in the Maine woods for 30 years surviving on stuff he stole from people's cabins?

The Last True Hermit

He stole radios and earphones and hid an antenna up in trees. For a while, he listened to a lot of conservative talk radio. Later he got hooked on classical music—Tchaikovsky and Brahms, yes; Bach, no. "Bach is too pristine," he said. He went through a spell of listening to television shows on the radio; "theater of the mind," he called it. Everybody Loves Raymond was a favorite. But his undying passion was classic rock: the Who, AC/DC, Judas Priest, and above all, Lynyrd Skynyrd. We covered hundreds of topics while chatting in jail, and nothing received higher praise than Lynyrd Skynyrd. "They will be playing Lynyrd Skynyrd songs in a thousand years," he proclaimed.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:27 pm

ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:you guys read this GQ article about the dude who lived in the Maine woods for 30 years surviving on stuff he stole from people's cabins?

The Last True Hermit

He stole radios and earphones and hid an antenna up in trees. For a while, he listened to a lot of conservative talk radio. Later he got hooked on classical music—Tchaikovsky and Brahms, yes; Bach, no. "Bach is too pristine," he said. He went through a spell of listening to television shows on the radio; "theater of the mind," he called it. Everybody Loves Raymond was a favorite. But his undying passion was classic rock: the Who, AC/DC, Judas Priest, and above all, Lynyrd Skynyrd. We covered hundreds of topics while chatting in jail, and nothing received higher praise than Lynyrd Skynyrd. "They will be playing Lynyrd Skynyrd songs in a thousand years," he proclaimed.

Dude seems like he pretty much cracked the code.

god bless the usa
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Mostly my mind is blown at the thought of listening to a bunch of Everybody Loves Raymond without ever seeing it. I guess the visuals are mostly superfluous since its staging is very straightforward. Still, I'd love to see into his "theater of the mind."
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Pretty happy that the FBI decided to actually pursue this hacker who is leaking all the celebrity nudes just so that someday I can see a picture of this guy. $100 Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum dollars on this guy having a gnarly neck beard.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Yeah, fuck that guy and anyone displaying and looking at these pictures.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:54 pm

I only looked at a couple because I didn't think I could participate meaningfully in any discussion about this without a clear understanding of what was posted.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:26 pm

I've never heard such a loud and unified outcry against leaked/stolen nude photos. Is there some special big brotherly love for J-Law, or is this just the hack that broke the camel's back?
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:12 pm

I thought Ariana Grande was 16 or something?

I've never been compelled to look at celeb nudes or watch sex tapes (this is not a humblebrag), I barely know who half these women are, they tend to strike me as boring people and that's a subject I'm sort of an expert on so
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:47 pm

I can't imagine there being this kind of reaction in the past to this kind of leak. I guess it's one thing to have made a VHS and mislay it, another to have backed up iCloud pictures distributed like this.

Also lol @ The Fappening.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Baller Ass Taco

Pizzas : 231

Post by techno raj Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:14 pm

yancy wrote:I've never heard such a loud and unified outcry against leaked/stolen nude photos. Is there some special big brotherly love for J-Law, or is this just the hack that broke the camel's back?

I think it's the sheer scale of it. Plus anything that can simultaneously inspire iwantsomeofthat and Ha-rumpf. reactions from different camps is tailor-made for social media wars.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:09 pm

Nick wrote:I only looked at a couple because I didn't think I could participate meaningfully in any discussion about this without a clear understanding of what was posted.
    I guess I can forgive that.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:31 am

This is something that I consider to be a news story of interest:

http://crimefeed.com/2014/09/woman-allegedly-shoplifts-walmart-leaves-baby-store/
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:26 am

millions, guys.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:43 pm

General World News Dumping Ground - Page 4 BxRQZy_CEAA_8T-
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwSsMMou_Hc#t=0m20s

This really stuck with me over the years and it feels more relevant than ever.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:35 pm

whatever happened to #bringbackourgirls?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:55 pm

undo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwSsMMou_Hc#t=0m20s

This really stuck with me over the years and it feels more relevant than ever.

Damn. Hadn't seen this in like ten years.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:24 pm

undo wrote:whatever happened to #bringbackourgirls?

Jeb Lund touches on this in his 2014 recap:  http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/17/2014-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-year-emember-why
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:22 pm

See also THE YEAR IN GARBAGE.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:53 pm

I couldn't sleep last night and I turned on CNN at like 7am to find out about the two murdered NYPD officers. Really so tragic and weird. The scariest part was the slew of officers turning their back on Bill de Blasio as he was exiting the hospital.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:29 am

Are people/the media saying that protestors murdered them?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:36 am