Ned Braden
Duff...
25 posters

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 2 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by chrondog Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:10 pm

i hate it when they try to charge me extra for a second ranch sauce with my curly fries

sauce is cheap as hell, so don't trip
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 2 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by reuben Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Guys he was under strict orders from above to only hand out one tartar sauce per order and he had already given her an extra one. He was already sticking his neck out for her but she really stuck to her guns about getting that third tartar sauce.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:15 pm

That fried haddock sounds really good. Chicago has wonderful establishments like Panera and I Dream of Falafel. We have arguably the shittiest food trucks imaginable. No fish fry stand that I'm aware of.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Post by yancy Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Anyone who wants that much tartar sauce (mayo in disguise) with one meal, especially a meal already consisting of deep fried protein and white bread, should be given zero leeway or respect. Fuck that bitch.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:18 pm

I agree Yancy. If I were the worker I would have directed her to the condiments aisle and told her that she's free to buy as much of the stuff as she'd like if the quarter cup that comes with her $6 fish meal wasn't enough.

Nick I would say that supermarket fish fry in general is a dicey proposition but if you have a fine food purveyor like Wegmans near you then it's worth a try.

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm getting Long John Silvers for dinner tonight. All this talk of fried fish and tartar sauce has a brother going crazy.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:35 pm

^ Hell yeah!! pirat
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Never been to a Long John Silvers pale
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Not all of us live by the ocean, Jasper.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:36 pm

jasperness wrote:Never been to a Long John Silvers pale
    Yeah, me neither.

Fried fish is largely seasonal in these parts due to all the rotten Catholics, but there are some fine places on the South side as well as a new place that's supposed to be tops in Lincoln Square.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:21 pm

we finally have an I Dream of Falafel by my office in the suburbs. i got there 1-2x a week. happy more people are opening their eyes to the wonders of arab food.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:40 am

Dudes on the train this morning in suits and sneakers talking about their favorite Kickstarters.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu May 16, 2013 10:38 am

i'm going to the DMV to renew my driver's license today. will report back to this thread.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu May 16, 2013 2:26 pm

no disdain to be had!
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Thu May 16, 2013 6:47 pm

ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:no disdain to be had!
    https://lopp2.forumotion.com/t119-renewed-my-driver-s-license-yesterday
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu May 16, 2013 6:54 pm

i thought we had another thread.
    i did lie and tell them my address was still correct because i didn't have the extra paperwork necessary on my person. their inability to see through my lies certainly led to my lack of disdain!
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Thu May 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Have lied about that shit for like 9 years, now. Good for you!
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Got called a racist tonight at Whole Foods by some Philipino looking motherfucker because I pointed out he had the sticker on the brim of his New Era baseball hat.

The scene is I am in line and he blatantly cuts in front of me. I said, "Hey man I was actually in line here." He ignores me. I said, "You know you still have the sticker on your hat?" He turns around and goes, "Oh so you a racist, huh?"
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:30 am

A friend of mine says Filipinos are the worst people. His mother's from the archipelago but that doesn't stop me from calling him racist.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:18 pm

Isn't Damo Filipino? That 'worst people' idea might have some traction.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:45 pm

There are probably more people that would accuse me of being racist for pointing out how stupid that sticker on hat thing is than agree with me that it doesn't matter your race it is a bad look.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:47 pm

Damo is Puertorican iirc.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:00 pm

Seems right. Ain't got no beef w/ Puerto Rico. Their food is top notch.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:49 pm

Nick, I seriously have no idea how that shit could possibly be misconstrued as racist.

disgustedatrightwing 
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:37 am

At point in a dude's life does he think "It is too uncomfortable to walk to work in dress shoes so I'm going to wear the biggest, clunkiest white sneakers with my pants because that looks acceptable."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:56 pm