Ted Falconi
spiritofeden
Pete Best
reuben
Ned Braden
14 posters

Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada

Anonymous

Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 2 Empty Re: Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 12:49 am

I had a six pack I was saving up in my fridge and my roommate drank two of them earlier today. It isn't worth only drinking four beers and I don't wanna venture out in the cold to purchase anymore.

I whacked it instead and now I am listening to a Sleeparchive EP.
    Anonymous

Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 2 Empty Re: Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 12:51 am

The only positive that came out of tonight is that I am now one loss away from having to shave off this "beard" I am growing for the playoffs. My cheeks have been invaded by pubic-like hair. The mustache is pretty on point though.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri May 24, 2013 12:53 am

Fuck. This loss was on me. No beard stache is not me playing the game right. Loads of bad karma.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 am

Boy! 2 1/2 men is not a very good tv show!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 12:56 am

Ned Braden wrote:I don't know why sports is still important to me as an adult, but god dammit that game made me feel bad.
    I share this same sentiment. Going into this game I was thinking worst case scenario I could watch my roommate's irrational reactions and laugh because I am "like so above that, man, it's just a game." It isn't just a game. I was wrong.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri May 24, 2013 2:35 pm

All these boys getting lunches. Couldn't pass up this joint for obvious reasons.
    Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 2 Null_zps5e6704b6

20 oz Rickard's red for a lunchtime beer selection, and likely gonna go with a large sandwich of some kind. Reuben ill keep you posted on the details of said sandwich.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Fri May 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Ned Braden wrote:Reuben ill keep you posted on the details of said sandwich.
    mang

Ned Braden wrote:Again, hats off to Canada for being the most Canadian place imaginable
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/the-29-most-canadian-things-to-ever-canada-in-canada
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Fri May 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Ned Braden live boarding a stay in Canada is some of the realist shit ever done on YSG.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Fri May 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Nick wrote:Ned Braden live boarding a stay in Canada is some of the realist shit ever done on YSG.

Real talk. Those pictures of the baggage claim alone justify Al Gore's wonderful invention.

Ned, if you find yourself in a grocery store, don't sleep on the Coffee Crisp and the Shreddies, two of Canada's greatest everyday comestibles, the former sort of a high-brow Cadbury-esque Whatchmacallit with Nescafe flavor, the latter Canada's delicious take on Chex.

Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 2 Post_shreddies
    Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 2 Coffee+crisp+bar+crop
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri May 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Nick wrote:Ned Braden live boarding a stay in Canada is some of the realist shit ever done on YSG.
    It'll probably get really boring when I'm flying everyday, but hopefully we'll get to experience our fair share of Canadian culture. Apparently Cold Lake is a town featuring a single dive bar called "licking lizards" or something, which is famous among Maple Flag Canada vets for its less than reputable clientele. So... ok!!
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Fri May 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Ridin the day bus to Heathrow for a 2 week jaunt to Canada - Page 2 Ruffles-all-dressed
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri May 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Viv, Reuben I'm actively gonna seek out all of the canadian grocery items posted here. Gotta get cultured! Thanks for the recs.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Fri May 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Coffee Crisp is SO fucking elite. Real must-eat shit. Hardcore elite snackage.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri May 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Ned Braden wrote:Fuck. This loss was on me. No beard stache is not me playing the game right. Loads of bad karma.
    What the hell is a beard stache? Boy, I was outta my head last night, though I guess I didn't wind up soaking wet on the docks.
    spiritofeden
    spiritofeden
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 31

Post by spiritofeden Fri May 24, 2013 3:49 pm

If you want a true Canadian beer, get your self a Labbat 50 or a Molson Stock Ale.

Also, get yourself a bag of Humpty Dumpty ketchup chips, and a Kinder Surprise
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Fri May 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Poutine is gross imo, but most people love it, so you should probably try that if you haven't already.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Fri May 24, 2013 3:53 pm

SpiritofEden, I love Canada and the best things that land has to offer but those are two terrible beers.
    spiritofeden
    spiritofeden

Post by spiritofeden Fri May 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Poutine rides a fine line. If its done right, its one of the best things ever.

I'm not sure if they have a Smokes Poutinerie out there, but they do a pretty amazing poutine involving sirachi and guac
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Fri May 24, 2013 3:56 pm

I mean that is like suggesting a visitor to the US try some Budweiser and Rolling Rock.
    spiritofeden
    spiritofeden

Post by spiritofeden Fri May 24, 2013 3:57 pm

reuben wrote:SpiritofEden, I love Canada and the best things that land has to offer but those are two terrible beers.

Probably the 2 best out of the big name Canadian beers.

Pretty good to wash down some Kraft Dinner anyways
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri May 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Kraft Dinner lol. I'm definitely down for the kinder surprise, being familiar with their work.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri May 24, 2013 4:03 pm

reuben wrote:
    Ned Braden wrote:Reuben ill keep you posted on the details of said sandwich.
    mang
    Chicken bacon club panini. With tomato and cheddar on ciabatta. Was supposed to come with a side of chipotle sauce according to the menu, but ended up with a barbecue sauce inside instead... Which actually ended up great. Standard airport overcharge price of 13.50 Canadian dollars was to be expected, so I ain't worrying. Good sandwich.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Fri May 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Ned, you need to go to Swiss Chalet, Harvey's and Beavertails. If they have those up in Big Lake.
    spiritofeden
    spiritofeden

Post by spiritofeden Fri May 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Gets all high and mighty about a 50 and Stock suggestion, then suggests Harveys and Swiss Chalet.

imlikewhoa
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Fri May 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Do I have to go up there and teach you how to appreciate Canada?

Enjoy your shitty beer and mac & cheese.
    Idontgiveahootaboutw

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 am