reuben
Ted Falconi
31 posters

Television Discussion Thread

Dan Sausage
    Dan Sausage
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 92

Television Discussion Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Television Discussion Thread

Post by Dan Sausage Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:40 pm

i caught up with better call saul its pretty good and now im watching the americans i like that one a lot tbqfh
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:51 pm

undo wrote:
    Duff... wrote:WHO ELSE IS PSYCHED FOR MY TEEN ROMANTIC COMEDY SNAFU CLIMAX FINALLY ARRIVING AT CRUNCHYROLL!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm going to watch it after it's all finished.

The episode where Hachiman is able to walk through a crowd without being seen in order to capture the flag (or something like that?) at the culture festival sporting event thing is the story of my life. Not gonna bore anyone with a story but I have vivid memories of experiencing something similar in high school.

Yeah that kind of thing really speaks to me.

I'm an old who insists on watching things weekly anyway so I'm about to go all in with this and probably finish around the same time as you, maybe later.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:59 pm

I don’t remember how much I talked about it the first time I saw the episode and am not really in the mood to click and scroll, but Ronnie/Lily, the fifth episode of the second season of Barry, is one of the all-time greatest things. I may have already said this, but it bears mentioning again.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1142

Post by undo Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:09 am

Television Discussion Thread - Page 32 8ca00510 Cobra Kai is on Netflix now Television Discussion Thread - Page 32 8ca00510

I mean it has been since June (?) but I just found out
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:46 pm

And I'm watching the new season right now

The Karate Kid Part II is no longer "recommended viewing" for this but now seems to be mandatory.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:22 am

Apparently Painting With John is going to be a thing on HBO, and that seems like appointment viewing for much of this crowd.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:30 pm

watching The Sopranos for the first time ever, just finished season 3 last night

one of the best shows ever, still current, and always worth watching
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:52 am

The Supernatural finale was some straight bullshit!

How you can go 15 stellar seasons with pretty much all great shit and then biff the final episode is beyond me.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:30 am

Finishing the first season of Lodge 49 and I just love this show and this cast. Haven’t been this attached to a group of characters since Halt & Catch Fire.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:04 pm

chrondog wrote:watching The Sopranos for the first time ever, just finished season 3 last night

one of the best shows ever, still current, and always worth watching

awesome! I did my first watch at some point during the pandemic and now I want to watch again and read The Sopranos Sessions as I go along

(I've had the book a few months and their analysis of the fist five or so episodes was good but I feel I'd be getting more out of it if I read them while it was still fresh in my head)
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:40 pm

i stopped 4 episodes from the finale, it got tiring mang

i was going too fast and will need to rewatch at some point
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:35 pm

My kid’s teacher is apparently a big fan of the television show The Office and references it a bunch and includes The Office memes in their class work.

He really likes his teacher which is great but because of her love for The Office he’s insisted on watching it. We have Peacock now so all the episodes are there and have gotten through a handful of the first season.

Holy fuck, is this show painful to watch. Just boring, unfunny cringe worthy network television garbage. I am fairly certain this show became beloved over its original run but it escapes me how this wasn’t cancelled after 1 season and held up as an example of terrible writing.
    Dan Sausage
    Dan Sausage
    Solid Bro

Post by Dan Sausage Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:51 pm

Nick wrote:My kid’s teacher is apparently a big fan of the television show The Office and references it a bunch and includes The Office memes in their class work.

He really likes his teacher which is great but because of her love for The Office he’s insisted on watching it. We have Peacock now so all the episodes are there and have gotten through a handful of the first season.

Holy fuck, is this show painful to watch. Just boring, unfunny cringe worthy network television garbage. I am fairly certain this show became beloved over its original run but it escapes me how this wasn’t cancelled after 1 season and held up as an example of terrible writing.
    To be fair I remember the SOMB thread when the office premiered and reception was fairly unkind. A lot of folks who actually loved the original UK Office series were less than enthused with the adaptation. After the first season it kinda becomes friends but in an office with references to #officelyfe. This was when the show started building towards becoming a cultural phenomenon here in America.

in other words, abandon ship asap and let this be a lesson to your child that our role models are not infallible and do in fact make mistakes from time to time.
    Dan Sausage
    Dan Sausage
    Solid Bro

Post by Dan Sausage Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:54 pm

In defense of the teacher, The office is the sort of bland and inoffensive comedy you can use in educational materials. it's not like this lady can reference wet hot american summer gags or whatever (maybe high school and over)
    John Boy Walton
    John Boy Walton
    Right Wing Savage

Pizzas : 2
    DispositionFUGLY

Post by John Boy Walton Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:06 pm

The Haunting of Hill House was good, but had really weird scene repitition: one or two really good episodes.
    The Haunting of Bly Manor was better and pretty damn enjoyable. At the end it lagged but was cool up to that point.

The Servant is strange. It pretty much sucks, doesn't really offer much, is kinda dumb but for some reason it holds your attention. I am almost at the season one finale but I feel like M Night Shamalama is either really good or really bad.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:40 am

Nick wrote:it escapes me how this wasn’t cancelled after 1 season

It almost was. Then The 40-Year-Old Virgin happened.

Despite being very 00's seasons 2 & 3 are still great.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:59 am

my so called life is an awesome ass show and it's a god damned shame we only got one season of it
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:45 pm

I've been saying that for years.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:29 pm

Y'all talking up My So Called Life while trashing The Office? I bet you guys think Freaks & Geeks was seminal TV huh?

You Gen Xers really are wild
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:01 pm

Get 'em, Chrono!
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:31 pm

Imagine getting excited because that wild Michael Scott is making his employees uncomfortable again! But don’t worry we will get some Pam and Jim office romance in the same episode too.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 pm

I stopped watching the show live because the girls in my high school government class were so fucking annoying about Jim and Pam. The show ran that shit into the ground and it sucked. Lots of things about The Office sucked, for sure. Doesn't mean it wasn't riotously funny.

Steve Carrell's performance is legendary despite meme culture's obsession with ruining everything. Some things can be cringe and still good.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:21 pm

"The Office" (US) series finale was the worst hour of television that I've ever watched but maybe I can't technically say that because despite two attempts I still have not been able to finish it.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:46 pm

I haven't seen it. Those final two seasons were dire, even if the classic writing is still there. No defending a lot of the show. Get fucked, James Spader.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:38 pm

That one teacher from my so-called life that’s a super good dude to Rickie is a spader doppelgänger who is superior to the original.

The Office was good and funny and I pretty much agree with everything Chrono said about it. Craig Robinson is a national treasure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:19 pm