Ted Falconi
31 posters

Television Discussion Thread

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Television Discussion Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Television Discussion Thread

Post by Duff... Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:47 pm

I've never really done this before, but I get it. For a lot of people TV serves a similar function friends do. It's hang out time. And at the end of the day dealing with (or zoning out to) Ross and Rachel's innocuous bullshit can be more inviting than steeling yourself for, say, The Handmaid's Tale.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:40 am

Am I the only one who thinks Westworld actually sucks? Feels like my enjoyment of it is based entirely on me thinking it's a different show than the one it actually turned out to be.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:28 am

It's horrendous, yes. Can no longer count the number of times I have fallen asleep while trying to watch such boring, predictable, contrived nonsense. Abandoned it near to the end of the second season.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:54 pm

Is anyone else’s Netflix, Hulu, etc. running very slow, playing terrible quality video, freezing up and reloading?

This has been a problem for several days now, the Internet seems to be working fine though. I have AT&T. I am streaming wirelessly on a Roku.

I’ve read reports that the Internet is getting really overloaded in Europe right now but that this isn’t a problem in the US... yet.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:24 pm

I'm not the only person who hasn't been able to stop shouting in his own head, "Pandemic! Got that pandemic!" for the last month, am I?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:26 pm

And you're not alone, Undo. Started having that problem over the weekend and while it's been intermittent, it's been consistently so. Not really going away and staying gone.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:29 pm

zappo wrote:And you're not alone, Undo.  Started having that problem over the weekend and while it's been intermittent, it's been consistently so.  Not really going away and staying gone.

I bought a new Roku and it's cleared up 100% of the problems. Feels like I have a brand new television from the future now.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun May 10, 2020 8:31 pm

What are your guys’ top TV things that are just so damn gigantic that you can’t even start trying to get into them?
    I’ve seen a handful of original series and TNG Star Trek episodes, and I love that world and what it’s all about… But there’s just SO much there. To be a “real” fan shouldn’t you try to see it all? And to see it all… Damn I just don’t got the time.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun May 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Also, I’m rewatching all of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I’m utterly convinced it is a top 5 all time show and one worth no fewer than 4 complete viewings.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 284
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sun May 10, 2020 9:43 pm

Yeah, Buffy is awesome. Joss Whedon was great for a little while there with Buffy then Firefly. Coincidentally, we are rewatching Firefly which was so ahead of its time. Didn’t watch it during its initial run and I regret that because the show could have pushed sci fi on television a little further. It’s like D&D with space pirates. Everyone plays a role and their skill sets put together become essential is most episodes. Plus for 2002-03 it’s treatment of women is downright revolutionary. My GF thought for sure the show had to have come out around 2013. Also, the special effects hold up! Unlike a lot of other sci fi of the era, the special effects don’t look cheesy. Highly recommended if you want something set in space that is funny and action packed with well written characters.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun May 10, 2020 9:56 pm

^ 100% true, all those words. Firefly is a perfect show and every single episode was brilliant. Absolute must watch tv.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 pm

I consider myself more or less a a classically handsome heterosexual man in the Huey Lewis mold, but I’m definitely a bit gay for Spike. (This is about Buffy the tv show).
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 284
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sat May 16, 2020 12:47 am

Devs

Fans of Alex Garland should jump on this immediately. It’s on HULU at the moment. All I will say is that it’s typical of his style visually and in tone. Incredible show.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue May 26, 2020 2:01 pm

Rewatching The Wire, cause why not, and it’s every bit as perfect as I remember it being.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Tue May 26, 2020 6:03 pm

David Simon's most recent thing - The Plot Against America - is extraordinary. WWII era revisionist history with some serious resonance with our current era.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue May 26, 2020 6:26 pm

I reluctantly started watching The Man In The High Castle, and halfway through season 2, I'm very hooked!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Ned Braden wrote:Rewatching The Wire, cause why not, and it’s every bit as perfect as I remember it being.

I forgot how ridiculous Season 5 of this thing is. Like half way through and, I... hate it.
    And I think one of the biggest reasons that I hate it is that there is actually a really good couple of stories in here... it’s just really hard to be on board with a show after it jumps the shark this hard.
    If this were some other show, I’d be up for the adventure. But since it’s the Wire continuing after four 15/10 all time perfect seasons of tv, I can’t watch these episodes without constantly getting pissed off that they totally rewrote all my favorite characters. None of this shit makes any damn sense.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:22 pm

It’s still sick as fuck when Omar jumps outta that window tho.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:53 am

Omar finally discovering his ability to fly is the apex of the entire series. I only wish that he'd used his power to save the world.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:33 pm

Have any of you guys made or found a list of every song used in Better Call Saul? I sorta want to build a big ass mp3 playlist, but checking first before I decide to start compiling.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:32 pm

https://www.what-song.com/Tvshow/120/Better-Call-Saul

Still up to you to put it all together but it seems like this is a good starting place?
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:42 pm

I am watching agents of shield. I am only halfway through the second season, and so far it’s been following the “Fringe” formula wherein it meanders around aimlessly for about a season then becomes much more coherent and interesting. I have not watched enough of it yet to say whether I can recommend it to anybody who is not a super fan of the MCU and/or Joss Whedon (I’m both), but what I can say is that as of Season 2 episode 10 the Kyle McLachlin performance is an all-timer.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:29 pm

Television Discussion Thread - Page 31 Oregairu-Season-3

WHO ELSE IS PSYCHED FOR MY TEEN ROMANTIC COMEDY SNAFU CLIMAX FINALLY ARRIVING AT CRUNCHYROLL!?!?!?!?!?!
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:26 am

started watching the expanse and it's pretty cool
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:44 pm

Duff... wrote:WHO ELSE IS PSYCHED FOR MY TEEN ROMANTIC COMEDY SNAFU CLIMAX FINALLY ARRIVING AT CRUNCHYROLL!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm going to watch it after it's all finished.

The episode where Hachiman is able to walk through a crowd without being seen in order to capture the flag (or something like that?) at the culture festival sporting event thing is the story of my life. Not gonna bore anyone with a story but I have vivid memories of experiencing something similar in high school.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:33 pm