23 posters

Thought Dump

damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 65

Thought Dump - Page 25 Empty Re: Thought Dump

Post by damo suzuki Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:27 am

The only social media I keep up with is Reddit- if that even counts. It's all just topics I subscribe to so it's basically tailored news/forums.

I never used Facebook for anything more than required event signups, and I avoided every other social media platform not out of any express hatred but because I had no use for them really. I don't take photos of myself or food often and don't care about other people's day-to-day lives to that degree.

I think I have taken like 4 selfies in my entire life and each one was my wife insisting on a photo for some purpose.

I ain't got no ill will toward social media. I am just old and don't use it for anything but trolling occasionally.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:25 am

Cool country. Love the USA.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

Post by undo Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:35 pm

but her emails
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:41 pm

This is a very American and short-sided statement so talk me out of it if you think it's bullshit

Just as Michael Jackson dying saved the Islamic Republic of Iran, the school shooter in Texas might have helped doom Ukraine. Like anyone over here cares about that anymore Rolling Eyes
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:43 pm

Biden has no one but himself to blame for Clarence Thomas Rolling Eyes

Maybe I don't know the half of that but, eh good enough post probably *clicks send*
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:52 pm

No individual person in my lifetime who didn't come from generational wealth came closer to changing the world than this dude. Or maybe that's a completely false statement because someone actually did and yeah, we'll just never know about the timeline they saved us from.

I'm genuinely sorry for the pain and suffering from everyone else that was harmed from this (lay off the "anyone who was protecting Reagan deserved it" takes, they don't really help anything) but it also directly lead to legislation that literally saved countless lives. His act of violence resulted in a safer country for everyone. If I knew that taking a bullet would result in actual and meaningful murder weapon control legislation being passed, I would agree to do it. I might (and probably would!) regret it almost immediately but thems the breaks.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:20 pm

Possibly obvious truths but maybe put into focus more than I'd ever thought about. I consult the site far too much.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:15 pm

When I think about certain tech billionaires and the unquestionable carte blanche they've been given to design our society and steer the direction of our lives, well damn it's a wonder we keep letting them do that! Which of course they will continue to do, always in the most destructive ways possible, so long as they continue to breathe.  

Very dangerous for me to take this post much further on a public-facing subforum but it's demoralizing to consider that, thanks to the best security and healthcare that money can buy, these narcissistic ghouls will surely outlive me, always in the news but never for the tarring and feathering they've always deserved but will never receive.

I mean, what are the odds it's 2044 and we're like, "damn, really glad that these bros have been a constant presence in technology and International social policy for so long and that nothing bad ever happened to them!" ?
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 284
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:49 pm

What do you guys think of Astrology? Are you close with anyone that has a serious belief?

I think it’s fun on its surface but nothing worth believing in on a deeper level than that. With that said, how does one receive a friends obsession with this stuff? I’ve tried to be accommodating and open to listening, but I also could give a fuck, ya know? But this person has gone so deep with this stuff that it explains every aspect of their life. Now they are starting to make extremely questionable life choices based on it… so again, what would you guys do?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:57 pm

Whenever I’m around someone super into astrology I like to pretend I don’t even know what my sign is and allowing them to get all excited about how much about myself they’re now revealing with all their astrological knowledge.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:57 pm

It's obviously nonsense but it's difficult to shake someone out of something that they have faith in. I'd probably avoid criticizing astrology itself, just focus on the questionable life choices. Even then, I dunno man.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:24 pm

AI-generated images are not art.

If anyone wants to fight over this, you will have to kill me.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:42 am

If I'm angry all the time and hate all the things that are changing in the world, does that just mean I'm going through a midlife crisis or Getting Old?

I've spent the last two years constantly thinking about varying forms of this dilemma
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki

Post by damo suzuki Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:22 pm

I found myself somewhat "grumpy" not that things are changing but they change in ways I think are unnecessary or overly complicated.

A close friend's child just came out as Trans last year (female->male). Absolutely no one was surprised or had an issue with this at all. Like not one person among our friends or family had anything negative to say.

However, I think it was just unnecessary to reaffirm pronouns and convert to they/them. We can just call you by your name, as everyone has done since you were born.  

If you are presenting as a man or woman and socially behaving in the mode commonality associated with female/male- is it really necessary to get huffy at dinner that aunt Milly asked if you had a boyfriend?

You can't just say yes/no?

I was there when you were born kid. Give me a break.

Generally, I find the moodiness/indignation of teens to be exhausting. My 14-year-old acts as if any word you speak to her is a burden on her fucking soul.

'Do you want some eggs for breakfast?' isn't that heavy of a question that I need a sigh, an eye roll, a blank stare, and the silent treatment.

Kids these days are too fucking full of themselves.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:27 pm

I don't think it would be a good idea for me to have kids, I cannot imagine it ending well.

But I also feel like I'm missing out on something essential and missing opportunities that there's really no substitute for.  

Some 16 year-old prick came up to me at a store the other day and was like "Sir? Sir? Sir? Sir? Sir?" And I just kept ignoring him but he wouldn't stop. So I was like "yeah?" And he sticks his belly out at me and says "can you tell I have something under here?" And I had no idea what to say to him, I started to wonder if I was being filmed or something. "No idea." I walked away from him. He started following me. "Are you saying I'm fat? Are you saying I'm fat? You saying I'm fat? Huh? Huh?" Just the most deranged interaction I've ever had with a stranger.

Sometimes I have daydreams where I think about being a teacher. Something leads me to believe that I'd be good at it. Or maybe it's some twisted desire to go back to school and right a bunch of wrongs that I can't let go of (an absolutely terrible motivation for "getting into teaching" that needs to be nipped in the bud if there's even a shred of truth to it). I don't know. Problem is I hate kids like that and being a teacher means having to humor their psychotic, disruptive impulses every day and I'm a fool if I believe that wouldn't make me snap in an instant.

Still half-regretting not breaking that kid's nose. I hate feeling like that but that's what it is.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:43 pm

Damo, I had no idea you had a 14 yo, having a son that just turned 15, your post hits home.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:58 pm

damo suzuki wrote:
    However, I think it was just unnecessary to reaffirm pronouns and convert to they/them. We can just call you by your name, as everyone has done since you were born.  

I honestly don't get it either but it's not really my job to get it. It's really not that big a deal to use some slightly awkward pronouns if it's important to the person requesting it.

Also, come on guys, we were all a bunch of self-important douchebags when we were teenagers. Same thing, slightly different flavor.
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:38 am

Nick wrote:Whenever I’m around someone super into astrology I like to pretend I don’t even know what my sign is and allowing them to get all excited about how much about myself they’re now revealing with all their astrological knowledge.

"What star sign are you?"
    "The Wolf"
    "That's a made up one"
    "They all are"

Declaration - I have one occasion said "There must be something in it" in order to have my penis sucked.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki

Post by damo suzuki Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:04 pm

undo wrote:I don't think it would be a good idea for me to have kids, I cannot imagine it ending well.

Let me tell you something real. Being a parent is actually pretty easy up to a certain point.

You know when people make a big to-do about how having kids is tough and being a parent is the challenge of a lifetime- they are lying.

Having kids is expensive. It's the greatest money sink I have ever known. I would own a fucking yacht in all likelihood if I didn't have kids. And we have a lot of kids, 7 actually. They have taken all of our money and are not even done. Breathing costs me money.

Legitimately, I think kids should be considered semi-adults around 12 years old. Because that's when they get the attitude but are legally able to dodge all the consequences of their actions.

My 14-year-old daughter watched her little sister pour magnetic sand into a preheating oven the other day. The older one said nothing to the little one or made an attempt to stop her sister. Just sat there, on her phone, and yelled for my wife- who was upstairs. When my wife got down there the 14 yr old was still sitting there doing jackshit and the little one had run-off. Not even the courtesy of turning off the oven.

That's the shit that makes you want to drown these kids sometimes.

But I also feel like I'm missing out on something essential and missing opportunities that there's really no substitute for.

Yes. I think you can not live life for yourself only. Eventually, the purpose of work/living day is to share the actual living part with people you care about deeply.

Sure, I might own a yacht or some shit. But, I also get the pleasure of asking a 14-year-old why she couldn't be bothered to stop her little sister.

"I told her to stop and she didn't listen" was her excuse, by the way.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki

Post by damo suzuki Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:07 pm

BGwaves wrote:Damo, I had no idea you had a 14 yo, having a son that just turned 15, your post hits home.

Yeah, I got a lot of kids. 7 in total. Six girls and one boy. The oldest is one was adopted, in her late 20s now.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:11 pm

Jesus man, I had no idea, good work!
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:23 am

I used to lament the demise of LOPP1 but there were a lot of threads and posts in there that we're probably all better off leaving in our pasts.

But I still miss--and never will stop missing--the Heart Hands thread that I started on there and I'm regularly finding things I wish I could post in it.

Thought Dump - Page 25 Ahmlin10

That moment has passed and I'm not starting a new one.

undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:29 am

Thought Dump - Page 25 Lost-i10

I'm not suggesting that this movie had some huge lasting cultural impact in The West but I'm convinced that this scene was the seed that eventually grew into today's million dollars per year industry of heart hands stock image photography
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:08 pm

undo wrote:Thought Dump - Page 25 Lost-i10

I'm not suggesting that this movie had some huge lasting cultural impact in The West but I'm convinced that this scene was the seed that eventually grew into today's million dollars per year industry of heart hands stock image photography

When this movie was released I saw it 3 times in the theater and watched the DVD every other week for a while. Safe to say I was obsessed and it was my “favorite movie” during that phase of my life. I honestly can’t remember the last time I watched it and had totally forgot about this scene.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:28 pm

Justin Roiland of Rick and Morty and/or domestic violence fame played Christopher Cross in the Yacht Rock shorts.

I guess that’s not really all that interesting or notable, but it still made me imlikewhoa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:02 am