Thought Dump

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Thought Dump - Page 26 Empty Re: Thought Dump

Post by Ned Braden Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:57 am

The children’s game Duck Duck Goose is literal. It is literal cause ducks won’t randomly chase you, but geese will.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:11 am

Imagine thinking that the “bad” picture in this stupid pop up ad is less desirable than the good one.

Thought Dump - Page 26 A93f5410

De cluttering is the way to go. Fuck letting all that healthy food spoil while I eat Taco Bell like a normal grown up.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:58 am

I basically live life as a dude who’s super sex positive. Like… people go be what you are and do all the sex that you want to do. Spice of life baby!

But is this attitude hypocritical while I’m also simultaneously thinking that sex… in all of its possible machinations is like… completely fucking ridiculous?

Have you ever talked dirty to a partner? And you hear what you’re saying? How could anybody do that without being overwhelmingly embarrassed, not just for their own self but for the species?  

As I’ve grown into being a middle aged man, I’ve come to realize that Norm Macdonald’s monologues on sex are among the best comedy or literature I’ve ever consumed.

This was all an excellent bit he executed… but I think he was also being like 80% sincere. And that what he was actually saying went way over the heads of the dimwitted interviewers. Basically I think what he’s getting at is that sex is a distraction that we become obsessed with. And that even though it’s a filthy, ridiculous act, for some reason we place it on a pedestal as the greatest thing humans can do. And really, it’s not interesting or new, so why all the obsession? Or maybe he was just on a bunch of dick distracting cancer meds I dunno.

“Grind your pussy all over my face. Ugh yeah”
    “Oh fuck, your ass is so tight”
    Uuuuugh yeah fuck, suck that cock.”

Humans are ridiculous.

All that said, I did fuck pretty good today. And fucking all the time and listening to AC/DC is way the fuck cooler than whatever this post is.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1141

Post by undo Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:59 pm

I've never had sex while listening to tunes. Even once.

There's a millions directions I could take this post from here but I'll cut it off with that except to say that maybe I'll listen to that interview in the car tonight if I don't forget to.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:05 pm

People's seriousness towards sex is basically always inversely correlated to the amount of actual fucking they are doing. This is even true of myself. When I am sexually active, it loses significance. Not that it becomes boring, necessarily, but it definitely loses a certain allure. In a drought, however, the reverse it always true.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:33 pm

undo wrote:I've never had sex while listening to tunes. Even once.

My first serious gf and I would frequently fuck while listening to the Coldplay CD, parachutes.
    It’s far and away the gayest thing I’ve ever done.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:35 am

Uncle Sam can suck my dick man.

Fuck tax season and the horse it rode in on if taxes can ride horses.

I'm listening to Slayer.

Last edited by Little Neddy goes to war on Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Important music sign-off)
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:25 pm

kind of hope the apocalypse comes so i can just die quickly and not have to go to work anymore
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:18 am

Was the word “chick” potentially good for feminism (like… had it not been developed by a patriarchal society that aimed to non consensually fuck and/or repress every chick)?

It’s so odd that our vernacular doesn’t have a solid middle ground between “girl” and “woman.”

If anybody called me a “boy” it’d be sorta weird.

If anybody called me a “man” it’d be sorta weird.

I’m definitely a guy or a dude.

Recall reading an interview where Lana Del Rey was lamenting some reviewer giving her a hard time and asking her why she referred to herself as “girl” instead of “woman” in a song. Like… jeebus folks give her a break, it’s not like she had good options.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:43 pm

I mean there's "gal" but that always seemed so lame.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:02 pm

Nick wrote:
    undo wrote:Thought Dump - Page 26 Lost-i10

I'm not suggesting that this movie had some huge lasting cultural impact in The West but I'm convinced that this scene was the seed that eventually grew into today's million dollars per year industry of heart hands stock image photography

When this movie was released I saw it 3 times in the theater and watched the DVD every other week for a while. Safe to say I was obsessed and it was my “favorite movie” during that phase of my life. I honestly can’t remember the last time I watched it and had totally forgot about this scene.

I haven't watched this movie in 10 years but I love it and I always will.

And if you give even the slightest fuck about "representation" or even taking the idea of of Asian-"othering" in film remotely seriously, I guess you have to condemn the film as completely repugnant and wicked trash.

I get genuine anxiety that maybe, just maybe, MOST people are predestined to become social conservatives as they age, regardless of whatever vow they make to themselves at 20 or 30 or 40, to ensure that NEVER happens. Maybe there's no amount of education or empathy or imagination that can provide an escape from this fate. Maybe everyone is confronted by things they just can't get over, complicated issues that they can't ever wrap their minds around because it feels like a personal indictment towards them that they're absolutely certain is undeserved. It's so difficult not to feel defensive about this stuff! Soon enough you begin to horde these imagined slights and judgements against you and you start identifying with voices coming from the radio who are really "saying what you're thinking" and then you're done for, it's over.

And it's obvious to you and I that some of this, especially over the past few years, is kind of "overblown" but inevitably one finds themselves having to "pick a side" and you're either with people who acknowledge that there are systemic problems that are often never intended but are nevertheless very real vs people who hate the wokes and just wanna own the libs and...

Have I been tricked into believing that binary? Surely the world isn't that simple?

Yeah okay but no one cares about a middle ground between these "extremes" (yeah, acknowledging that this is even a real topic that's worthy of being discussed apparently is an "extreme," lol) and being a "centrist" in the matter only lends credibility to people that I don't want to lend credibility to.

Or is that also an illusion I've been bamboozled into believing?

Not saying that Sophia Coppola has been "cancelled" but this conversation now completely overshadows the film and its legacy and she'll have to answer for it in every single interview she gives for the rest of her life--maybe it's understandable that everything she's made over the past ten years seems to have come and gone with little fanfare at all? Yet she's still very much a Name that hasn't been forgotten one bit.

No idea why I'm posting this tbh
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:08 pm

undo wrote:No idea why I'm posting this tbh

This is a lie but you really don't need to read any more posts where dudes gush over 2003 ScarJo, seriously

Last edited by undo on Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wording)
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:00 pm

Damn I didn’t even know we were supposed to be mad at that movie.
    I haven’t seen it in like 12 years and don’t remember it completely, but I love it unconditionally and it’s perfect and I will die on that hill (lol tbh now I’m thinking about a re-watch and worried I forgot about the scene where bill Murray calls a guy a cunt faced fag retard while wearing blackface… dammit, I just remembered I think Bill Murray is hated too these days, maybe that has happened irl).

All joking aside, there’s a lot in your post that speaks to me. Sometimes I like to trick myself into thinking that it’s as simple as not being a dick to people. But then an artist or a piece of art from decades ago gets dragged for something that probably wouldn’t fly today and I’m inclined to side with the artist almost every time (unless it’s something like 2023 Steven Tyler doubling down on it being totally fine to fuck a 15 year old when he was a famous young rock star instead of being a decent human about it… like, I am not as mad at 70s era Bowie for doing the same thing because he evolved with the times and would never say that shit in the modern era RPI).
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat May 06, 2023 11:05 pm

My mind is completely blown upon learning that Joey Lauren Adams is a person who exists and is not Renee Zellweger.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 283
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sat May 06, 2023 11:11 pm

Lol, so 90s
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun May 07, 2023 11:28 am

If we armed teachers, would the public suddenly be willing to fund public schools in the same way we write a blank check to police departments everywhere? Would teachers suddenly get the respect and adoration that every person who carries a murder weapon on their job implicitly gets from, say, about a third of our population?

If we took away murder weapons from cops, would the public suddenly stop worshipping the ground they walk on and start viewing them as the embodiment of the incompetent bureaucratic busybodies that they view literally every other "government employee" as?

I was thinking about this in the shower and I assure you that I eventually arrived at a somewhat nuanced conclusion about this that's currently escaping me.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Sun May 07, 2023 1:59 pm

Little Neddy goes to war wrote:My mind is completely blown upon learning that Joey Lauren Adams is a person who exists and is not Renee Zellweger.

I remember watching Mallrats and thinking, why did Renee Zellweger change her name?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sun May 07, 2023 3:38 pm

Michael K. wrote:
    Little Neddy goes to war wrote:My mind is completely blown upon learning that Joey Lauren Adams is a person who exists and is not Renee Zellweger.

I remember watching Mallrats and thinking, why did Renee Zellweger change her name?

Holy fucking shit this post made me Google search Dazed and Confused cast. In this moment I am learning Simone was not Renee Z but JLA.

Razz
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon May 08, 2023 10:02 pm

Joey Lauren Adams was in an episode of Party Down I just watched. I correctly identified her.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:37 pm

It’s sort of amazing that this weird Bud Lite story is actually a story. Like… tangible evidence that their clientele was made up of a plurality of overtly bigoted shitbags. An utterly trash product that I have never and would never have bought in my life (except for now I guess?), but that nonetheless maintained a stranglehold on #1 beer in the country status until they like said they were cool with LGBTQ+ folks and now they’re broken. We are truly the dumbest, shittiest country on the god damned planet.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:38 pm

People my age are so fucking old.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:47 pm

It's totally crazy

Feels like I'm losing my mind if I think about it for more than a second or two these days!

How "healthy" are you?
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:57 am

I am very healthy on the surface level… my body still works very well, I can still do physical young person things well, and I still basically look like a young person (I look older than Jonathan Richman did at my age, but who wouldn’t?). Since starting that hello fresh thing I’ve even started eating vegetables so that’s a plus.
    My mental health is… ok! I’m certainly not the portrait of mental stability or somebody who isn’t depressed, but it’s a lifelong struggle and I’m as good now as I’ve ever been. I’m a functional alcoholic though, so that’s probably not gonna do me favors in the long run.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:26 am

Fuck promoting “STEM.”

Fuck that.

In the voice of Homer doing his
    I'm the Magical Man from Happyland in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane
    voice:

“Science and Tech and Engineering and Math… so great!! They will make society gooood!!!” Rather, it’s a dickhead way for our society to continue to marginalize emotional intelligence and prioritize… ugh I guess whatever else they think is worthwhile in the vein of capitalism but fuck that and fuck them???

There was really no reason for me to insert that Simpsons reference but I kept it in there.

I’m actually not sure… at this point, ten minutes from when I started writing this… what I was actually going for here. I think… it’d be well summed up by:
    Right now, I’m listening to Tammy Wynette sing “Stand By Your Man.” I’m in a profession that over-values folks that “have a STEM degree.” Even when they suck. But undervalues and misunderstands every identifiable facet of emotional intelligence. So, when the US Naval Academy puts out some garbage ass statement stating that they’re looking to set quotas that maximize the number of their students that will do “STEM,” (cause war is math or whatever, fuck them fuckfaces), all that I hear is, “We’re gonna keep on recruiting and promoting jerkass fuckers who are the worst at being human beings.” None of those fucksticks have ever or will ever create anything as good as this song. And the things they will create can and will be done much better by soulless robots who are only slightly better than them morally.

Study the arts. Or… fuck, study STEM so long as you can find some art in it. But fuck the man.

I’m drunk again and it’s dumb.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:45 am

What?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content