zappo
C-poots
16 posters

Selected Ambient Works, a Thread

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Selected Ambient Works, a Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Selected Ambient Works, a Thread

Post by undo Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:41 pm

undo wrote: Narkopop kind of bores me but maybe there's a place for that kind of thing in my life, I don't know.

I guess I still feel this way but I’m still going to get my hands on this the day it comes out.

jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Selected Ambient Works, a Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Selected Ambient Works, a Thread

Post by jesus jones Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:58 am

https://olliaarni.bandcamp.com/album/ylitse

one of my favorites
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:31 pm

Sleep was made in sept 2001 and was given away to dj olive's friends in new york that month as a hand made CDR. Sleep was composed in dj olive's brooklyn studio, skin tone riddles over many years and put together as a continuous sleeping pill sept 2001. This release was the beginning of a long exploration by olive into the idea of neutral field music as medicine. Sleep was released on Room40 in 2006.

this is 255 minutes of beatless music. you can stream the entire album from here or listen in any order. It is meant to be listened to as quietly as possible and act more like cozy company than music. waves on a beach or wind in the trees or an old fan in an ally these songs curl up around your feet at the edge of sleep.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:29 am

i saw GAS in philly on monday night and it was one of the most psychedelic musical experiences i've ever had
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:07 am

Chicago show's tonight. Amped.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:27 am

the projections are unreal
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:31 am

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, that was good.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:33 am

hell yeah
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:13 am

Yeah. That was a really enjoyable show.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:45 pm

This is really weird and cool and I could listen to it for a very long time.

undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:46 pm

Cannot possibly recommend this enough:

coyote wrote:https://inthefields1.bandcamp.com/releases

DL for free bros
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:00 am

undo wrote:Cannot possibly recommend this enough:

coyote wrote:https://inthefields1.bandcamp.com/releases

DL for free bros

Thanks Undo. I'm switching around the track sequence on my latest release Persia(as well as working on a extended version of the title track), and doing some editing. I had a week off last week and really wanted to finish the album, but was also very sick, so I think it clouded my vision a bit. Glad you like it! I'm happy with the way it turned out.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:36 am

Also, Jesus jones or anyone else, do you have any advice for marketing this type of music? I usually just put it out there, post links in a few forums but that is it.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:38 pm

i'd find a small label that has a curatorial direction you dig and pitch it to them
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:33 am

jesus jones wrote:i saw GAS in philly on monday night and it was one of the most psychedelic musical experiences i've ever had
    zappo wrote:Chicago show's tonight.  Amped.

Was he playing recognizable pieces from his albums? Something more improvised? New stuff?

When I saw him several years ago it just kind of felt like someone put the tracks from Pop on random and projected some cool visuals on a screen. On one hand, I can't think of any better way I'd really like to spend an hour than an experience literally just like that, but yet I left craving more. I wasn't feeling well that day either so I dunno.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:32 pm

I think that everything was from Narkopop. He certainly didn't do much more than what you've described, but it was boss.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:01 pm

I gotta say, reading the reactions to the GAS live show is making me think of the ending sequence in Annihilation. One of the most psychedelic audio/visual things I’ve expereinced. If you can still find it playing in a theatre I recommend that rather then waiting for home viewing. I know it’s a film but when it gets to the part I’m talking about you’ll see why this thread fits.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:44 pm

BGwaves wrote:I gotta say, reading the reactions to the GAS live show is making me think of the ending sequence in Annihilation. One of the most psychedelic audio/visual things I’ve expereinced. If you can still find it playing in a theatre I recommend that rather then waiting for home viewing. I know it’s a film but when it gets to the part I’m talking about you’ll see why this thread fits.

Inevitably, this is going to be not as cool or even truly reminiscent of that scene at all but it was really one of the only things I could think of at all after watching that scene (oh look, the Lighthouse scene is on Youtube, and no this doesn't really look or sound like it at all but I've already made this post so I'm leaving it as it is).

Also, little pieces of this this have been running through my head for weeks and I only just remembered what they were from, this still feels like the bottom floor of all things drone for me.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Sat May 12, 2018 10:03 am

Bing vs. Ruth happened, last night.  Good show.  But something just like this went down and was easily my personal highlight of the evening.

undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu May 31, 2018 7:19 pm

http://www.soundsetal.com/project/antlrd-benoit-pioulard-deck-amber/

bounce
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu May 31, 2018 7:20 pm

undo wrote: Narkopop kind of bores me

I don't really feel this way anymore
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:56 am

undo wrote:http://www.soundsetal.com/project/antlrd-benoit-pioulard-deck-amber/

bounce
    i'm immensely proud of these guys for this work
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Finally listening to this at a volume loud enough to actually hear it. It's very pleasant.
    _
    _
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 60

Post by _ Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:26 pm

take a moment today to enjoy this thrilling dark ambient journey
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:13 pm

undo wrote:

Finally listening to this at a volume loud enough to actually hear it. It's very pleasant.

Listening to Quiet Forest as I clicked on this thread!!
    imlikewhoa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:12 am