C-poots
16 posters

Selected Ambient Works, a Thread

BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Selected Ambient Works, a Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Selected Ambient Works, a Thread

Post by BGwaves Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:35 am

jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Selected Ambient Works, a Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Selected Ambient Works, a Thread

Post by jesus jones Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:30 am

i love that the alchemist did an ambient record that's better than a lot of ambient records released this year. dude is one of the best
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:12 pm

Yeah, I wanna buy this thing but I only shop at bandcamp and record stores, so I’m out of luck. Looks like he runs ALC like Supreme… fine for him and too bad for me.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:43 am

Systemisch is a top 10 most euphoric album candidate
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:58 pm

https://quietdetails.bandcamp.com/album/lichen-cloak-on-a-white-stone

This album is really good
    It's by one of the guys in Hood
    Lovely textures and tones
    You'll feel in your bones
    Listen to it? I think you should
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:38 pm

Yeah, just finished it, I agree, it’s very good. Tones and textures with a slightly melancholic feel throughout. Reminds me of Lawrence English a bit.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:19 am

I saw BGwaves’ post and had no fucking clue who Lawrence English is. But I had a spare moment and did a search. Listened to some stuff and found out he released an album this year with Loscil (who I also am not familiar with) and have listened to it all weekend because it’s really good.

I feel like that’s exactly how an elite boarding community operates.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:37 am

I read your post and I'm listening to it tonight and it is great
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:20 am

You both should check out Observations of Breath from 2021. It’s another Organ album of his, I imagine you’ll like it after listening to this one with Loscil
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:47 am

Another great release from Lawrence English is Transit. I’ve listened to it while playing Elden Ring and its a fairly fitting soundtrack. I’m obsessed with the song Closing Frame which has a sound on it that is either, birds, synth noise, or a recording of someone scratching their winter coat. Whatever it is, I like it
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:01 pm

desert sand feels warm at night, anyone else love this artist? Their albums take me home (from my last call) almost every day. The thing I love the most about their stuff is the patience, they know how to make a long wait seem worth it. On one of my favorite recent releases, the first 10 minutes cycle through some ambient bell synths but around the ten minute mark the drums, bass, and guitar drop in, slow motion style, and it gets me every time.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:50 am

BGwaves wrote:desert sand feels warm at night, anyone else love this artist?

I had never heard of them but right now I am listening to Tomorrow, 2096 and it is great
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:49 am

https://geometriclullaby.bandcamp.com/album/desert-sand-feels-warm-at-night

This is the one I was talking about, give it a shot if you liked 2096.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:04 pm

I’ve always known about Monolakes place in electronic music, as makers of solid ambient, techno, and also Ableton, which changed electronic music. But, I’ve never listened to some of their landmark works. Today, since I was off sick, I decided to give Gobi and floating.point a shot (both remastered on bandcamp.) I guess Gobi was composed of tracks or edits that they used in the making of Hong Kong, their ambient techno masterpiece. It’s spare and textured. Shakers, minimal drone, water and insect noise, and electronic sounds that are so liquid you might see your speakers start to sweat. Floating.point is similar in execution with a different cache of sounds. Much more textured as well. Both are complete aural baths that will soothe your tortured soul. Highly recommended if you’ve never listened.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:09 am

https://forestmanagement.bandcamp.com/album/passageways

Somewhat reminiscent of Gas, Ethernet, a little Boards of Canada on one track, but it really just gets into a zone that that I enjoy very much and... stays there!
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:07 pm

This album/performance is insane
    https://suzanneciani.bandcamp.com/album/improvisation-on-four-sequences-at-festival-antigel-all-spatial-mixes
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:31 pm

Julia Reidy - Vanish

https://juliareidy.bandcamp.com/album/vanish

I’ve wanted to post about this thing for a couple weeks but kept forgetting. This artist plays stringed instruments, guitar, bass, etc. On this release they work with the 12-string guitar and create some of the most bizarre alien soundscapes I’ve heard in quite some time. Their tone brings me to a state of bliss almost as soon as the first string is plucked. The guitar is joined by alien vocals and synth smears, but it’s the guitar and that tone which separate the album from all the other ambient shit. They now go by Jules as well, in case they decide to amend the artist name on their older work. ENJOY!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm