undo
27 posters

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 12 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by WP64 Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:01 am

It would be really funny to require every citizen to own a gun though. I really like the idea of some bureaucrat knocking on my Nonna's door to hand her a glock and then get her to sign some papers for a background check.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 12 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by reuben Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:19 pm

The Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson said Sunday he believed that abortion should be outlawed even in cases of rape and incest, comparing the procedure with slavery.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:05 am

Between that dude, Trump, and Ted Cruz, over half of GOP people polled are supporting a complete fucking lunatic (and that's just among the top 5). I'm not paying as much attention as I'd like so maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like we're not really talking about this and what it means for the american democratic process in the interest of avoiding the perception of bias.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:44 am

I can't even believe that comment...

I'm actually kind of interested in where the Sanders campaign goes. I made a $10 contribution last weekend actually. Is there a chance we could actually see that guy in the White House? It seems more and more plausible. Who are you guys voting for?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:14 am

When I see people online defending fucking Trump & Carson my mind is more blown than when I actually see them speak this shit. What a time to be alive.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:25 am

Still pretty early, but it seems likely that I'm voting for Jill Stein.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Ҩ wrote:I can't even believe that comment...

I'm actually kind of interested in where the Sanders campaign goes. I made a $10 contribution last weekend actually. Is there a chance we could actually see that guy in the White House? It seems more and more plausible. Who are you guys voting for?

It's not particularly likely but I'll probably vote for him in the primary.

Good chance I'll vote for Stein as Illinois will surely go to Clinton anyway.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:56 am

Duff... wrote:Between that dude, Trump, and Ted Cruz, over half of GOP people polled are supporting a complete fucking lunatic (and that's just among the top 5). I'm not paying as much attention as I'd like so maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like we're not really talking about this and what it means for the american democratic process in the interest of avoiding the perception of bias.

I dunno, I still think it's a lot of hot air a year out from the election. If we're still talking about Trump and Carson and Fiorina 10 months from now, then we can say that the fundamentals of the democratic process have changed. I'm still thinking the establishment will turn the screws and this will come down to Jeb/Rubio/maybe Cruz.

reuben wrote:
    The Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson said Sunday he believed that abortion should be outlawed even in cases of rape and incest, comparing the procedure with slavery.

The slavery bit is confusing, but I actually think this is the most "honest" form of pro-life thinking. My biggest issue with pro-life is that I don't think the internal logic should allow for a rape and incest exception; it's a practical concession to what is framed as a life-and-death position that consequently shouldn't allow for concessions (beyond life-of-mother either/or decisions).
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:29 pm

raj gibson wrote:
    Duff... wrote:Between that dude, Trump, and Ted Cruz, over half of GOP people polled are supporting a complete fucking lunatic (and that's just among the top 5). I'm not paying as much attention as I'd like so maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like we're not really talking about this and what it means for the american democratic process in the interest of avoiding the perception of bias.

I dunno, I still think it's a lot of hot air a year out from the election. If we're still talking about Trump and Carson and Fiorina 10 months from now, then we can say that the fundamentals of the democratic process have changed. I'm still thinking the establishment will turn the screws and this will come down to Jeb/Rubio/maybe Cruz.

Sure, we haven't even gotten to Iowa yet, it's just.... man, these guys are nuts.

Not really having the campaign infrastructure will do them in eventually so there's that anyway.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:03 am

It's funny how life works sometimes. When I was young it was cool to question authority. Now that's the domain of anti-Federalists like Fiore and those Bundy guys.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:50 pm

dubstep

sorry but I guess I'm not
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:51 pm

Like damn I have nothing to say right now I'll leave it to you guys.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:38 am

You don't see a reaction to a man's passing like this too often. So many people are just downright stoked that he's dead! It's pretty funny.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:53 am

It's like how British people with their heads on straight reacted to Thatcher's passing but on a much smaller scale.

I wish Christopher Hitchens was still around to shit on the recently deceased.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:41 pm

And while we're bumping this thread, how about that senate, folks?
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:08 pm

^ yeah. Jesus.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:40 am

Stay classy, Joe!

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 12 750x422
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:02 am

zappo wrote:Stay classy, Joe!

The biggest piece of shit I've ever cast a vote against and that might still be true after this November.

https://twitter.com/Montel_Williams/status/751280809865125888

This doesn't "help" anything but it's literally the only thing that made me feel good yesterday (didn't help that my whole day completely sucked before I'd read about any of this happening).
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Almost Everything the Media Tell U About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Is Wrong

This is blowing up huge and by the time anyone writes a proper response to it -- as if the readers of this site would actually engage with anything like that -- it's going to be cemented as scientific fact in the minds of pretty much everyone who read it and decided they were going to agree with it halfway through the headline.

Last edited by zappo on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Trying to fix the link, but the Prince autocorrect is fucking them shits up.)
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:09 pm

I feel like that can't be anything other than preaching to the choir. Anyone who believes it already did before they read it.
    ? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Post by ? Ospink Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:27 pm

http://ithasbegun2016.tumblr.com/
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:01 am

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/01/gamergate-alt-right-hate-trump

The way this just grew and grew and refused to die and spread across the internet into every sphere of nerd/geek culture, I watched this happen for the last 2 years and I knew it was turning into something that had major implications for the whole Internet and the "real world," but I could never articulate why it mattered and why anyone should care about it.

Another election, another round of reassuring ourselves that no matter how bad things are now, the younger generation will save us, it's just a matter of time. And we've been celebrating that Hillary would have won the election if only millennials had voted. Is getting only 60% of that vote against Donald Trump worth celebrating? That's less than (or equal to, congratulations) Obama got in either of his victories.

No one has found a way to fight back against this.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:53 pm

This is making me nauseous.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:51 pm

I feel like we all need to come out of retirement and troll these alt-right goons to no end. It'll be like Red except with people who live in their parents' basements.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Tucker Carlson fills me with unreasonable hellified rage, I hate every cell in his body and I have to avoid watching anything he's in because he provokes a visceral response in me that I just can't control.

He could be calling out Shkreli on his bullshit or appealing to him as an industry expert in this interview, I'll never know and it doesn't make a difference to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 am