undo
27 posters

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 15 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by Duff... Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Was just thinking the other day "He must have a super lame first name to go as HR professionally".
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 15 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by Ned Braden Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:08 pm

I'd assumed Herm, but I hoped some day to call him Hermie.

Last edited by Ned Braden on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:10 pm

zappo wrote:It really bothers me that Herbert McMaster can't pronounce "America."  Shit enrages me.
    So close. Herbie it is.
     itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 15 MTBCJ94lg
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:15 pm

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 15 DKcHDi1WsAI0lfh

lol!takeabow
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 pm

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 15 Prouda11

Delivery driver showed up wearing this today.

We talked about the weather.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Good lord.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:39 pm

this is the perfect LoPP story: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/352410-roy-moore-pulls-out-gun-while-speaking-at-rally

-right-wing savage who is somehow NOT backed by Trump/McConnell pulls out a gun at a rally
    -former boarder Pinkerton is reporting live on Alabama politics from his private Twitter and Snapchat accounts
    -the Democratic challenger for the seat is one Douglas Jones
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:43 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-nation/2017/10/03/rep-tim-Murphy-pro-life-sought-abortion-affair-shannon-edwards-susan-mosychuk-pennsylvania-chief-of-staff-congress-emails-texts/stories/201710030018

tl;dr version:

64 year old married GOP congressman had an affair with 32 year old married woman he was working with. while publicly advocating a pro-life stance, he repeatedly asked her to terminate the pregnancy via text. now that her marriage is disintegrating, the details are coming out in court documents.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:02 pm

Haha. Good!
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:56 pm

http://www.thefader.com/2017/10/03/needle-drop-deleted-youtube-channel-this-is-the-plan

A few months after Akkad, Fantano welcomed another fringe figure on his podcast: Sam Hyde. Hyde is a complex person with a confusing narrative. Essentially, he was an absurdist comedian who garnered attention through his YouTube comedy show Million Dollar Extreme; last year, the show moved to Adult Swim, until it was cancelled after it became clear Hyde was using the show to smuggle noxious alt-right in-jokes and racist memes onto TV. During the presidential election, he was a prime vector for Pizzagate fake news; recent stunts include donating $5,000 to the neo-Nazi website Stormfront.

Hyde’s conversation with Fantano is horrific, offensive, and enlightening as to where both men stand. Fair warning: he describes violence toward a woman. At one point Hyde brings up Lena Dunham and explains in detail what he’d like to do to her. “I’ll take extra time, OK?” he says. “I’ll be nailing her, I’ll be punching her in the back of the neck, I’ll be boxing her eyes in. I’ll break both her orbital bones. I’m gonna destroy Lena Dunham so badly that the people that come to clean her up, they’re gonna be puking when they see what I did to her. I want them to know how I feel about her, so I’m gonna fuck her up so bad that they’re gonna puke when they see her bruised mangled body.”

You might be wondering what exactly the joke is here, but Fantano finds the bit hilarious — he laughs along without challenging Hyde. Nor does he push back when the pasty comedian says that he’s “strapped with my niggas,” or when he complains about “the government giving women a paycheck to use their pussies like ATMs and crap out kids.” Fantano just chuckles. It feels reminiscent of middle school, when one edgy kid would push the limits and bring more timid kids along for the ride — regardless of Fantano’s true beliefs on the subject of Lena Dunham’s violent death and ATM-pussies, he seems to find Hyde’s performance compelling and cool, and would never let himself, God forbid, get triggered. You can almost feel Fantano’s desire to be able to do what Hyde does.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:46 pm

that Fantano has ever appealed to anyone in any form is a damning indictment on internet culture
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:22 am

That Fader article is a tough read. Never been one to give a shit about Fantano but that is some vile shit. I actually read it the same morning as the Buzzfeed article on Milo. Had to go for a walk afterwards.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:31 pm

the only journalists worth reading are ones that used to work for Gawker Media (Ashley Feinberg, Max Read, Jia Tolentino, etc.) and freelance rap critic David Drake
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:40 pm

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 15 DGTBYP6UQAEyydS
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:45 pm

I don't know what purpose that post is really serving here but I can't deny the crazy passion that went into that tribute.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:10 am

Shocked
    tjenz
    tjenz
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 80

Post by tjenz Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:32 am

I like that he's so threatened by a black woman with a coupon that he's shaking in fear.

Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:05 pm

lmao http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/24/trumps-trade-war-is-economic-suicide.html

i hope that Trumps's disdain of free trade is the issue that explodes all these establishment Republicans brains
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:38 pm

I find it interesting that farmers are already getting subsidies.

How does that Georgia State House Rep. not kill himself after that performance on SBC’s show. I’m not rooting for that outcome or anything, I just can’t imagine him leading a dignified life after that.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:47 pm

WP64 wrote:How does that Georgia State House Rep. not kill himself after that performance on SBC’s show. I’m not rooting for that outcome or anything, I just can’t imagine him leading a dignified life after that.

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:41 pm

WP64 wrote:I find it interesting that farmers are already getting subsidies.

they've been getting them continuously since the Great Depression

this is what fights about the "Farm Bill" have been about for 20+ years

ethanol is stupid
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Yeah. During the Reagan years, one of the few breaks with free market liberal orthodoxy was government subsidies for farmers. This has basically been a constant. Also, it is really interesting that both conservatives in government, but also the rock legends like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, ecc., were both equally willing to mobilize this mythic character of the self-sufficient, yeoman farmer, as if these subsidies are not going to large, capital-intensive agro-businesses and we are all supposed to pretend this is the eighteenth century.

It also worth noting that the liberal and conservative consensus on farm subsidies emerged at the exact same historical moment that black subsistence farming families and communities were being pushed off the land and were migrating into America's inner-cities. No, that is not a coincidence.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:37 pm

http://www.towleroad.com/2018/08/hunting-season/

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 15 3437496547
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:16 am

That is literally sickening. If those aren't threats and hate crimes, then what the hell is?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:48 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:09 am