undo
27 posters

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 20 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by WP64 Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:25 pm

It was right after Soleimani and I was referring to a possible military invasion of Iran.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1145

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 20 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by undo Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:55 pm

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1244703878588690433
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:55 pm

If you found a white supremacist flyer taped up on a public place (back of a stop sign, one of those high voltage transformer boxes outdoors, etc. not a bulletin board at Panera or something like that), what is the best course of action to take?

a) Remove it

b) Leave it up but deface it

c) Report it to the police

d) other

For a variety of reasons, I'm imagining that option C is probably not a productive route to take whatsoever but I wanted to confirm that rather than leaning on my own suspicions.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 284
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Just trash it. I still have like seven political signs that some fuck wad kept putting in my front yard. Fuck Lipinski and fuck his signs!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:47 pm

I’d say leave and deface. Keeping it up is a reminder that this shit is real, Serious, and everywhere. Defacing is a reminder that people seeing it are “fuck no.”
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:17 pm

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-seattle-chaz-kass-20200612-hz5kzmvfijdj3o5t6afksvjzau-story.html

This guy actually got nominated for a Pulitzer Prize?

This is some of the most embarrassing writing I've ever seen.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Ned Braden wrote:I’d say leave and deface. Keeping it up is a reminder that this shit is real, Serious, and everywhere. Defacing is a reminder that people seeing it are “fuck no.”

I went back to write KILL NAZIS on it but of course the marker I took with me turned out to be all dried up when I went to use it. Had to just tear it down instead.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:34 am

undo wrote:https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-seattle-chaz-kass-20200612-hz5kzmvfijdj3o5t6afksvjzau-story.html

This guy actually got nominated for a Pulitzer Prize?

This is some of the most embarrassing writing I've ever seen.

Wait, he did? He's never been anything other than complete garbage.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:05 am

I have no idea who he is, really. I don't know anything about Chicago press anymore at this point. And like I ever used to...

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2008/04/07/the_2008_pulitzer_prize_winners_and_finalists.html

Nominated for "coolest opinions of the year" or something, idk
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:18 am

I don't know why but Chicago has unfortunately always had very conservative and business-friendly newspapers. There are important exceptions to this like the Village Voice (and the old Chicago Defender) but our two most prominent dailies have always been much more conservative than either the LA Times or the New York Times. The quality of the journalism is also much worse. This doesn't matter as much anymore because it seems like the media environment (of both corporate conglomeration of traditional media and the rise of social media, especially Twitter) makes it basically impossible for local papers to really survive, but it is a weird thing.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:12 pm

undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:03 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/politics/tom-cotton-1619-project-bill/index.html

Our next president?
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:06 pm

I don't even know what's on the other side of that but :budd:
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:54 pm

https://www.insider.com/witness-garrett-foster-death-says-shooter-didnt-act-self-defense-2020-7

An investigation is ongoing and an autopsy will be conducted to figure out Foster's official cause of death, police said.

However, Kenneth Casaday, president of the Austin Police Association, said in a tweet that Foster was looking for trouble.

"This is the guy that lost his life last night. He was looking for confrontation and he found it," Casaday wrote.

The driver who murdered this guy is currently walking free? Am I misunderstanding this story?
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:36 pm

lol louie gohmert has covid
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:39 pm

I love it
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:54 pm

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 20 Ehfb0010

She's pretty much guaranteed to be in congress next year
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Jesus fucking Christ
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:22 pm

jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 pm

i don't see that kid living a long healthy life tbh
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:09 pm

Well I won't cry if he's eaten by a shark or something but I also don't want to see him turned into a martyr.

This is a conclusion I reach time and time again that eternally shields the forces of evil, corruption and hatred from anything resembling justice. However, I do feel like putting some of the bullets this kid loves so much right back in him, piledriving Mitch Mcconnell off a bridge, etc., would invite a tenfold level of violent retribution that would last our lifetimes. I don't have the guts to invite it!
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:11 am

The reason Republican politicians have such an easy time keeping their base loyal and engaged is because it is really easy to mobilize an aggrieved electorate. The vast majority of Republicans are just whiny and spoiled little children. The conservative counter-revolution that has been unfolding in this country since Barry Goldwater has been really effective and powerful but it isn't a movement politics that actually takes to the streets or is comfortable with brute force. The more nativistic elements of the Trump base obviously are but those are more isolated actors, imo. Nor is it anything new. The American Nazi Party used to mobilize gangs of Polish and Irish youth to firebomb black families property and destroy integrated public housing complexes in the southwestern neighborhoods of Chicago in the 1950s and 1960s...
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:54 am

they also have Fox News and 100,000 churches

Democratic party has nothing but a "strong ground game" they try to whip up out of nothing every other year
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:22 pm

Oh yeah, I completely agree with that. The Republican Party actually takes rank-and-file political organization very seriously. They've thought in terms of building counter-hegemonic political movements for decades now while liberals only really concern themselves with voting behavior and turnout. Now that the conservative movement is so institutionalized, especially in our court system, I think that trend is starting to reverse itself and conservatives are the ones more interested in the politics of identity (or maybe they always were).
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:27 pm

undo wrote:Well I won't cry if he's eaten by a shark or something but I also don't want to see him turned into a martyr.

This is a conclusion I reach time and time again that eternally shields the forces of evil, corruption and hatred from anything resembling justice. However, I do feel like putting some of the bullets this kid loves so much right back in him, piledriving Mitch Mcconnell off a bridge, etc., would invite a tenfold level of violent retribution that would last our lifetimes. I don't have the guts to invite it!
    oh nah i mostly mean he's gonna get killed in jail

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:55 am