16 posters

Lysol Slammers

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Lysol Slammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Lysol Slammers

Post by Nick Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Boarders from Illinois - I’m hearing total lockdown starts Sunday. I’d strongly advise getting essentials for a couple weeks today.

While it could be a precaution, the person that told me this has been given a badge to get around military roadblocks.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:43 pm

I think it starts tomorrow. JB shuttin' down the studio!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:23 pm

Has anybody taken up some sorta weird tv guided jazzercise shit yet? I’m not allowed to go running outdoors and since I’m horribly addicted to that I’ve felt like horseshit all week.
    Might start running at like midnight when there’s much less chance of getting noticed by the cops.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:40 pm

I’m being told I’m an essential worker. I work for Toshiba fixing POS registers for various companies but Self Checkout is our bread and butter. All my jobs this week have been to grocery stores or dollar generals in the middle of nowhere. Do you guys consider Self Checkout to be essential in this time period? My job sent me an email saying if we get pulled over just show them the address I am headed to or have them call Toshiba... cause those are good stand ins for not having a badge or letter.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:43 pm

I'm sorry to interrupt, but I cannot forget to share this.  Real heads know that The Simpsons just became real-life.

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Post of the year.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:18 pm

Ned Braden wrote:Has anybody taken up some sorta weird tv guided jazzercise shit yet? I’m not allowed to go running outdoors and since I’m horribly addicted to that I’ve felt like horseshit all week.
    Might start running at like midnight when there’s much less chance of getting noticed by the cops.

If you’re in IL you can still go out for walks or runs. Not much has really changed regarding the lockdown, I’d actually avoid the grocery stores cuz they’re gonna get slammed over the weekend.
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:22 pm

BGwaves wrote:I’m being told I’m an essential worker. I work for Toshiba fixing POS registers for various companies but Self Checkout is our bread and butter. All my jobs this week have been to grocery stores or dollar generals in the middle of nowhere. Do you guys consider Self Checkout to be essential in this time period? My job sent me an email saying if we get pulled over just show them the address I am headed to or have them call Toshiba... cause those are good stand ins for not having a badge or letter.

Well the user would be avoiding contact with a cashier that could be a positive carrier so maybe it’s a good thing the self checkout option is there for this. The users should wear gloves though because the Covid could be all over touchscreens. If the grocery stores are an essential service then the repairmen to the stores should be able to work. It sucks but at least you’re not unemployed like many out there.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:55 am

Reading the Italian newspapers and communicating with friends this week has been really, really difficult. Almost 700 deaths were reported just today in Italy and despite the severe measures and restrictions that they have imposed throughout the entire country it is expected that the number of cases and deaths will continue to increase for at least the next few days (the hope is that by next Sunday we are going to start seeing the number of new cases start to drastically decrease each day).

The immediate loss of life and suffering is obviously the most important thing right now. In one Italian city right now (Bergamo) there have been hundreds of deaths and they have had to transport dead bodies to nearby towns to be cremated because they cannot manage otherwise. There are videos of military trucks driving through the streets of Bergamo literally taking these dead bodies away. These people pass away alone. Their families cannot stay with them in the hospital rooms for fear of contagion. There is a video of a middle-aged Italian woman that I watched yesterday where she said, through tears, that her father "died like a dog" from this virus.

It has been a really tough few days for me and this is all going to keep getting worse before it gets better.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:48 pm

My mother has been ordered to stay in for the rest of the month. She has a doctor's note for work, which she'll need because her boss is being a reckless dick.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:33 pm

I hope she follows that order! Also am sorry to hear from you a story I'm hearing from a great many family members, friends, and acquaintances--bosses are being reckless dicks and trying to force people to come to work.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Anybody else have non refundable plane tickets they aren’t gonna use? I’m out $650!
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:39 pm

zappo wrote:I hope she follows that order! Also am sorry to hear from you a story I'm hearing from a great many family members, friends, and acquaintances--bosses are being reckless dicks and trying to force people to come to work.

I mean, she works for the city too. It's an essential job but it's not like there isn't guidance on this.

But it finally seems like she's taking this seriously. Would be great if more people didn't need to catch a case of the corones before doing so.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:49 pm

I'm being pressured to go out shopping to "stock up" on groceries and I don't like it. The idea being that it's always possible that an order will be given to close down ALL stores and then there will just not be any way to buy food... "you never know!" is all they can really say about this and I can't quite talk them down from this fear.

I am struggling to clearly communicate reasons that this will (likely) not happen and that it's not a very good idea right this moment to run out to a store and go crazy shopping. Like, we're fine at the moment can we please step back from this and just take it easy for a while
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:50 pm

I was supposed to work today at my 2nd job but I got a call yesterday that I was pretty much just being taken off the schedule so that full time employees can get their hours in. It's very possible that I might lose many or most of my hours at my main job some time next week. We will see!

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:10 am

Unless you live in an extremely remote part of the country, there is no way that supply chains are going to become so strained that you will not continue to have access to food and other essential provisions. Obviously, you are going to need to go to the grocery store from time to time. But it makes no sense to go at the exact same time as everyone else and panic buy a bunch of fucking toilet paper. It puts you and your community and much greater risk. If the people in your life cannot understand that, they are being really dumb and need to be lectured.

We don't need to guess or speculate. This virus has already been impacting other Asiatic and European countries for several weeks. Nobody in Italy, Iran, or South Korea is dealing with food scarcity or shortages due to supply chain problems (obviously some people lack the personal resources to afford essential supplies, especially after being laid off, but that is a different conversation).

I am glad Duff's Mom is being smart and is safe. Force the older people in your life to do the same thing. Literally scare them into doing the right the thing if you need to. I know that sucks and is uncomfortable, but goddamn...
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:10 am

I bought a lot of extra canned food because we have none, and non perishable things like oatmeal, tuna cans etc.

I think it’s wise to have some extra non perishable items. At the very least if you need to be quarantined. Who’s going to shop for you if you have Coronavirus and need to stay at home?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:07 pm

Yeah, it's the difference between "Take this seriously" and "Let's freakout like douchebags!". Get what you need, but the store's still gonna be open. No one needs gallons of hand sanitizer.
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:36 pm

Duff... wrote:Yeah, it's the difference between "Take this seriously" and "Let's freakout like douchebags!". Get what you need, but the store's still gonna be open. No one needs gallons of hand sanitizer.

Yeah I’m making my own sanitizer, as an essential employee I need it and my place of work is not supplying anything of course
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:28 pm

So like... other than "cause freedom" there's no real reason that the US shouldn't be ordering statewide lockdowns soon. So, if and when that happens, good luck guys. For the greater good, I'm glad we are locked down here. But it's still pretty rough. Unable to feed my healthy addiction (running), my unhealthy one (drinking) is threatening to get out of hand. Being alone in a boring house without the ability to go out and move around and shit is the worst.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:07 pm

Ned, where are you right now?
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Going jogging is the only thing keeping me sane right now, I'm so sorry
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:22 pm

coyote wrote:
    Duff... wrote:Yeah, it's the difference between "Take this seriously" and "Let's freakout like douchebags!". Get what you need, but the store's still gonna be open. No one needs gallons of hand sanitizer.

Yeah I’m making my own sanitizer, as an essential employee I need it and my place of work is not supplying anything of course
    What recipe are you using?
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:24 pm

Shits sold out now but aloe Vera and rubbing alcohol.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:29 pm

undo wrote:Ned, where are you right now?

I'm in Rota, Spain. South coast, Andalusia region.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 am