itt we act disgusted/-appointed at left wing buffoons

Ҩ
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 35
    DispositionIntransigent

Re: itt we act disgusted/-appointed at left wing buffoons

Post by Ҩ on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:27 pm

And finally, because I'm admittedly self-absorbed, I have a lot of intellectual interests that align with these recent events. I'm fascinated by the rise of a so-called 'illberal international' being the true beginnings of the 21st century. Of course, it's also really scary. I'm constantly searching for interesting lenses to interpret all of this on a global level.

It seems that Putin and post-Soviet Russia is the place to start, but I don't know enough on the subject. I know that IMF and World Bank economic liberalization programs, which was assisted by Harvard economists and somewhat tepidly executed by Yeltsin, was ultimately a huge failure. The end of history predictions were entirely contingent upon this being a success, which is an interesting side note to consider. Putin's rise, from the very little that I've read, as a neo-nationalist with expansionist ambitions has a lot to do with this larger crisis of economic shock therapy. Basically, Putin is just a corrupt multi-billionaire and oligarch who is able to appeal to disenfranchised Russians through nationalist rhetoric. The greatest catastrophe of the 20th century for Putin and his supporters was the fall of the Soviet Union, which really just means the waining of their geo-political power. This should all sound familiar and the atrocities visited upon the Chechen Muslim minorities should be a warning sign for liberal Westerners about the actual consequences of these supposed idiots.

A clearer, and probably much harsher, reality is going to unfold throughout the next couple of years (French, German, Austrian, and possibly Italian parliamentary elections with potentially devastating results and the actual triggering of Brexit). Right now, everything is very uncertain. In a couple of years this will become more opaque to least understand, hopefully.

Tl;dr: Shit is really, really fucked up. Gramsci, facing eerily similar global circumstances to our own, put it quite beautifully, "the old world is dying away, and the new world struggles to come forth; now is the time of monsters."
    undo
    a stomach churning mess of bass

Pizzas : 398

Post by undo on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:13 pm

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/02/democrats-stop-saying-but-her-emails.html
    Ҩ
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 35
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by Ҩ on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:42 am

She ran a terrible campaign, her politics are shit, and her husband is a bumbling asshole though.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 179

Post by chrondog on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:19 pm

strongly disagree with all of that

it's the American "winner take all" attitude that makes people think that if you lost, you did everything wrong.

she wasn't fantastic or what many of us wanted, but she's not bad. the voters are bad. or, rather, they are what they are.
    undo

Post by undo on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Old news, but I want to find everyone involved in this and smack their skulls together.

undo

Post by undo on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:35 pm

takeabow
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 179

Post by chrondog on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:08 am

these are popular bumper stickers out here