Gene Bootcut
undo
16 posters

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop Empty Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

Post by undo Sat May 18, 2019 5:25 pm

I have never watched Game of Thrones

I have never played Fortnite and I don’t really understand why it’s so popular

I don’t know what a “Blockchain” is or why people think it’s going to save the world

I seriously enjoy cannabis but I don’t really understand what CBD oil is at all, it’s both totally legal but also not? You can’t get high from it but it’s still something enjoyable and/or healthy to consume?

Post here when you’re out of ththe loop, idk
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop Empty Re: Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

Post by Gene Bootcut Sun May 19, 2019 1:23 am

I can co-sign every part of that post except the part about enjoying cannabis. That ship has long since sailed for me.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop Empty Re: Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

Post by WP64 Sun May 19, 2019 6:44 am

Soma wrote:I can co-sign every part of that post except the part about enjoying cannabis. That ship has long since sailed for me.
    howyadoin Same!
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sun May 19, 2019 8:50 am

I don’t understand BYOB restaurant appeal.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sun May 19, 2019 9:46 am

Acronyms are everywhere and I don’t know what half of them mean. Just found out FKA means formerly known as... true story.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Sun May 19, 2019 10:35 am

I still haven't heard that one song from last year.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun May 19, 2019 1:32 pm

BGwaves wrote:Acronyms are everywhere and I don’t know what half of them mean. Just found out FKA means formerly known as... true story.

I’ve still never heard anything by FKA Twigs and am not sure if she/they are still around, but now I have a new way to think about that moniker.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun May 19, 2019 2:21 pm

She's putting out new stuff soon.

Nick wrote:I don’t understand BYOB restaurant appeal.

It's cheap and you can drink whatever you want.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun May 19, 2019 2:22 pm

If that popular first person shooter doesn't have anything to do with a 14-day period I'm gonna be very upset.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Mon May 20, 2019 4:07 pm

undo wrote:I have never watched Game of Thrones

I have never played Fortnite and I don’t really understand why it’s so popular

I don’t know what a “Blockchain” is or why people think it’s going to save the world

I seriously enjoy cannabis but I don’t really understand what CBD oil is at all, it’s both totally legal but also not? You can’t get high from it but it’s still something enjoyable and/or healthy to consume?

Post here when you’re out of ththe loop, idk

People are overly critical of this latest season. Most of the flaws in it have been present in the show for some time.

Fortnite is a classic deathmatch first person shooter but it's marketed towards kids.

Blockchain is an encryption method that uses crowdsourcing. It's what Bitcoin is based on and it has many other potential uses for cybersecurity, etc. It's a tech industry buzzword that people want to make money off of, just like "the cloud" was.

CBD is cannabis without the THC, so you get the symptoms without the psychoactive effects. In other words, you get relaxed or spacey or hungry, but not "high". It's popular with people who want anti-anxiety or pain relief effects without getting high. It's also available in a topical form like oil--you can rub CBD oil on your sore back and supposedly it relaxes your muscles.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon May 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Duff... wrote:
    Nick wrote:I don’t understand BYOB restaurant appeal.

It's cheap and you can drink whatever you want.

BYOB at an Indian restaurant is fucking killer.

Naan, curry, and a six pack from the liquor store across the street.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon May 20, 2019 6:28 pm

[quote="chrondog”]
    CBD is cannabis without the THC, so you get the symptoms without the psychoactive effects. In other words, you get relaxed or spacey or hungry, but not "high". It's popular with people who want anti-anxiety or pain relief effects without getting high. It's also available in a topical form like oil--you can rub CBD oil on your sore back and supposedly it relaxes your muscles.[/quote]

Will you fail a test from using this?

Is any of this really bas d on science?

How do u know w you’re not buying snake oil

undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon May 20, 2019 6:29 pm

I don’t mind BYOB but the “uncorking fee”is bs
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Mon May 20, 2019 8:05 pm

CBD is unregulated. So it may sometimes have THC (on accident) and the company wouldnt have to tell you or assure that it wasn’t in there. Also, they don’t extract the CBD the same way, so companies can use whatever works. I’m sure you can see how that’s problematic.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon May 20, 2019 8:16 pm

I guess if I’m going out to dinner I don’t want to lug my own liquor or beer along and I’m not going to pay an uncorking fee. I’ve also been told some BYOB establishments expect you to share your drinks with other patrons - which I would not be interested in doing.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue May 21, 2019 1:10 am

Very rarely have I run into an uncorking fee and I generally avoid those places. The only place I've heard of sharing your drink was at one of Sushi Mike's places, the one in Andersonville I think, but that place was a bit of a mad house. BYOB's close to your house or a liquor store are ideal but I don't mind holding on to one bottle of wine on the train.

But a place with a good beer and/or wine list is welcome too.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue May 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Bringing a $25 bottle of wine to a restaurant and paying a $20 corkage fee is ALWAYS going to be cheaper than buying the same bottle of wine at the restaurant for $75.

Once I realized this, I occasionally started bringing my own wine to dinner.

Almost every single "sit down dinner" type of restaurant here has a corkage fee. Is that not the case everywhere?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue May 21, 2019 3:04 pm

chrondog wrote:Bringing a $25 bottle of wine to a restaurant and paying a $20 corkage fee is ALWAYS going to be cheaper than buying the same bottle of wine at the restaurant for $75.

Almost every single "sit down dinner" type of restaurant here has a corkage fee. Is that not the case everywhere?

To answer your question my eyes bugged out of my head when you casually mentioned regularly encountering a corkage fee of twenty fucking dollars.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue May 21, 2019 3:04 pm

Fucking savages, out west.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue May 21, 2019 3:06 pm

To make an honest contribution to this thread I'll recall the time I was reading some article suggesting drinking rosé was some sort of cliché to which I immediately thought "Who the fuck drinks rosé?"
    petey
    petey
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 49

Post by petey Tue May 21, 2019 3:19 pm

Rosé all day, brosef
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue May 21, 2019 3:55 pm

Duff... wrote:
    chrondog wrote:Bringing a $25 bottle of wine to a restaurant and paying a $20 corkage fee is ALWAYS going to be cheaper than buying the same bottle of wine at the restaurant for $75.

To answer your question my eyes bugged out of my head when you casually mentioned regularly encountering a corkage fee of twenty fucking dollars.

I've seen $30
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue May 21, 2019 8:12 pm

I think I saw $5 at a place and I almost just left.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Tue May 21, 2019 10:57 pm

up here $20 is typical corkage, but there's usually a policy of bottle for bottle - if you buy a bottle off the list, a corresponding corkage fee will be removed from the bill. Pro move is bringing a bottle of red wine and buying a bottle of bubbles/rosé/white.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed May 22, 2019 12:58 am

I only drink water, at restaurants.

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop 647736119

Last edited by zappo on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 am