undo
16 posters

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 283
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop - Page 7 Empty Re: Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

Post by BGwaves Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:00 pm

Nick wrote:When did the restaurant Texas Roadhouse become the most popular dining establishment in the USA?

There is a 2 hour wait from like 3PM onwards no matter where you are. Believe me, I’ve checked random cities across America and always get the same answer: “About 1 1/2 to 2 hours, sir.”

People wait outside and park a block away for Texas Roadhouse.

flavortown

It’s like America saying, slow down Outback, slow… the fuck… down.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1140

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop - Page 7 Empty Re: Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

Post by undo Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:12 pm

Do I need to know what "cop city" is or is it just going to get me really upset with no way to do anything about it?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:14 pm

What was "Undercooked Sausage" a reference to?

I feel like I've asked this before and I feel like I'm forever on the outside of this knowledge
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:33 am

i don't know and I wish I did. Kids in the Hall?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:01 pm

Something called a Cosmic McDonalds opened by our house. I have no idea what it is but there are so many cars that the police are directing traffic and the parking lot is a winding maze of cars.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:02 pm

When people at work started toting these things in every day, I assumed it was because the Yeti bottles they were all coveting at this time last year had become so desirable and impossible to get that they now had to settle for some kind of knockoff. How wrong I was. Or was I?
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 283
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:48 pm

It’s hilarious that the resale market for some of this literal crap is so robust. This mass produced garbage is what people will pay $$$ for just to stay on trend. Amazing. I wish I was more of a predator, I’d probably have a lot more money in my pocket.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:56 pm

Not a single hockey reference in that video
    Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop - Page 7 2568296454
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:49 am

Only recently realized that I didn’t know who Sza was.

I thought she made a weird, offensive movie about autism, but I was off by a letter.

I assume her best Condé Nast album of 2023 album is good? Should I listen to her before or after I’ve heard all the Cocteau Twins albums ten times each?
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:51 am

BGwaves wrote:
    Nick wrote:When did the restaurant Texas Roadhouse become the most popular dining establishment in the USA?

There is a 2 hour wait from like 3PM onwards no matter where you are. Believe me, I’ve checked random cities across America and always get the same answer: “About 1 1/2 to 2 hours, sir.”

People wait outside and park a block away for Texas Roadhouse.

flavortown

It’s like America saying, slow down Outback, slow… the fuck… down.

Both of these posts were good posts.

I do not think I’ve ever seen or even heard of something called Texas Roadhouse.

Unrelated but the movie Roadhouse is firmly on America’s all time cultural Mount Rushmore we really haven’t done anything better than that other than maybe Bruce Springsteen or Chicago style hot dogs.

Last edited by Ned Braden on Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Roadhouse)
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:19 pm

Ned Braden wrote:Only recently realized that I didn’t know who Sza was.

I thought she made a weird, offensive movie about autism, but I was off by a letter.

I assume her best Condé Nast album of 2023 album is good? Should I listen to her before or after I’ve heard all the Cocteau Twins albums ten times each?

I mean there's no rush but yeah she's real good.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:05 pm

Duff... wrote:
    Ned Braden wrote:Only recently realized that I didn’t know who Sza was.

I mean there's no rush but yeah she's real good.

On the first listen and yeah, I'm feeling this. It's not an immediate mind-blower, but it's something I feel like I could live with for days on end on a loop and be better off for it.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:41 pm

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop - Page 7 Cigare10

What is this
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:25 am

they are a bafflingly popular slowcore-inspired band
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:25 pm

https://www.last.fm/music/Cigarettes+After+Sex/+wiki

Cigarettes After Sex is an American ambient pop musical group led by Greg Gonzalez, founded in El Paso, Texas in 2008. Since their formation, they have released 3 albums, one EP, and numerous singles.

Through music recommendations, Cigarettes After Sex has gained millions of views on YouTube leading to live performances across Europe & the US.

The part in bold feels like a masterful sneakdiss from whoever wrote it.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:08 am

They're... fine? Not nearly good enough to overlook their name. They've been hovering around the bottom of the Billboard 200 for the last year or so and now they're playing the United Center? Yeah, baffling is the word.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:37 am