Gene Bootcut
undo
16 posters

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop - Page 2 Empty Re: Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

Post by jesus jones Wed May 22, 2019 9:26 am

brunch is total garbage
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 282
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop - Page 2 Empty Re: Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

Post by BGwaves Fri May 24, 2019 10:10 am

I still wear socks. What’s up with showing your ankles? Sexy ankles? Huh?
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:15 am

I don’t understand why “crying Jordan” is a thing.

I think you know what I’m talking about here
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:24 pm

I also still haven't heard Kawhi Leonard laugh.

Kind of scared to eventually watch this.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:54 am

undo wrote:Kawhi Leonard

Yeah, can't venture a guess here.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:21 pm

undo wrote:I also still haven't heard Kawhi Leonard laugh.

Kind of scared to eventually watch this.

Whenever you decide to watch, it'll be the best day of your month.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:21 pm

This thread title should've been "Post here when you're feeling out of the lopp"
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:48 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Elementary_School_shooting_(San_Diego)

I'd never heard of this one. Hadn't even heard the song about it until now.

She has a parole hearing in August. Is she still a danger to society?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Never heard of this guy before now either!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sholam_Weiss

really racking up the Shocked Shocked Shocked  today as I realize how you're much better off getting caught murdering someone than getting caught stealing from investors

undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:30 am

I've asked before and I will askagai .

Who is Joe Rogan?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:34 am

undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:31 pm

That only makes things more confusing.

I'll elaborate when I'm not on my phone.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:45 pm

Joe Rogan was a likeable, dim witted dudes dude on the show News Radio. As I understand, he is now an alt right tv and radio personality who is super into ultimate fighting.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Like, I know cool people online who are into realms of entertainment/pop culture/Internet culture that I really don't touch, and they seem to be down with him even though they're as far from alt-right Gamergate shitfuckers as you could possibly imagine.

And they really like the guy. And I'm just like, isn't this the dude who regularly gives alt-right people a platform to discuss anti-feminist, anti-trans, anti-PC right wing ideas that are essential to indoctrinating young people into opposing progressive ideas/Owning The Libs? And no one has an answer for me.

I was vaguely aware of his connection to MMA and his reputation of being respected as a commentator on such. How these bonafides get Jordan Peterson, Charlie Kirk, Ben Shapiro, Milo and the like into his American flag-backdropped studio, and how this doesn't make him totally complicit in spreading their agenda, I don't get.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:04 pm

Maybe it's like some sort of Gary Busey apologist thing. Like, that dude was allowed to say or do anything because he was widely regarded to be utterly bat shit crazy. People don't want to hold Joe Rogan accountable for willingly contributing to toxic horseshit because he's so far off his rocker that he can't be considered guilty the way one would consider an adult person with a functioning brain. If these people had a conscience more in line with modern progressive values, this rationalization would also be a good reason not to tune into his shows and, in doing so, profit from a mentally ill man's instability. I've been guilty of doing this in the past too, so it's tough to judge. Though in my case Daniel Johnston and Wesley Willis were preaching messages of love which I think makes it a bit better.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:18 pm

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:43 am

Joe Rogen isn't crazy. He is just a really boring dude. He used to host Fear Factor and then kind of disappeared from the public conscience for a few years. He kind of re-emerged around the time that MMA started to get really popular. I think he was like a Fox Sports pundit or something. He basically had a hand in popularizing the sport. He also really loves smoking weed.

From that marginal notoriety, he created a podcast show where he just interviews people. I've only listened to his show one time because everyone kept telling me about how fucking weird Elon Musk is and I had to check it out. I understand why a certain apolitical/boring type of person gravitates towards this content. He is actually a pretty decent interviewer. He does a good job of being relatively inconspicuous and just getting the person to open up about themselves.

He invites these alt-right douchebags on because he knows it generates more interest in his podcast. I don't really think it is anymore complicated than that.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Bernie went on his podcast and apparently most of the comments on the YouTube video are Rogen fans saying they're going to vote for Bernie now. I wonder if this means other Presidential candidates are going to try to make appearances on his show.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:20 pm

I still have absolutely no idea what an "Instagram story" is.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:40 pm

I've seen them and have no idea how to describe them, or what the hell the point is.

Instagram post in a certain succession that self-destruct in 24 hours I guess?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:05 am

Everyone is talking about Zoom like they invented video conferencing or something.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:13 pm

They are pioneers in providing less secure and encrypted video conferencing though.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:32 pm

I missed a zoom meeting at the beginning of this pandemic because I honestly thought "zoom" just meant Skype and I logged into Skype and sent texts and emails asking if the zoom meeting was still happening. It's sort of embarrassing.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:17 pm

LoPP wrote:disgustedatrightwing
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:03 pm

I just got invited to an "family Zoom chat" on Easter with my so's family. They're really hyped for using this app.

Getting out of doing anything on Easter with them was the one silver lining I've been able to find in this entire pandemic. We don't actually have a webcam so this is fine, right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 pm