Gene Bootcut
undo
16 posters

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1140

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop - Page 5 Empty Re: Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

Post by undo Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:05 am

undo wrote:Is it too late for me to get into Chapo Trap House?

I've listened to quite a few of these over the last three weeks or so.

It's really messing with me, it's hard to explain. I don't know if it's good for me or not. I crave more of it.
    undo
    undo

Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop - Page 5 Empty Re: Post here when you’re feeling out of the loop

Post by undo Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:02 am

I also only have the vaguest idea of what “Ted Lasso” is
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:31 am

Might have to start an Instagram account called Zoom Call Reactions When I Say I’ve Never Watched Ted Lasso.

From what I’ve heard/read about this show it certainly does not appear to be something I’d be interested in and the only reason I’ve not watched a single episode is honestly just haven’t gotten around to it and have other priorities than Lasso.

But people that watch this show and enjoy it take it personally when you haven’t watched it.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:27 pm

The two episodes of Ted Lasso I watched were more enjoyable than I expected. I find the Ted Lasso character to be quite charming and funny, even if the show isn't really "funny".

My take on the show is that it's primarily popular because of some machinations Apple is doing behind the scenes. It's clearly a fine show, but it has an Apple-like cult following. I don't think a large number of people actually like Ted Lasso, but most people who do watch it are in the $100k+ income bracket and many are working in media. It's a show that gets written about far far more than it is watched, imo. I also suspect Apple is pumping people behind the scenes with cash to talk/write about the show because otherwise Apple TV is a massive failure.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:03 am

Guys, jason sudeikis isn't andy bernard from the office. He's a totally different guy.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:55 pm

NPR told me this show is based on sports commercials of some sort. That's what I know.
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:04 pm

I don't like Ted Lasso - like the episodes of Frasier or Friends where they got to London and meet a chimney sweep. Shite.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:54 pm

I know we have a thread devoted to it but this post won't help anyone who actually reads it.

I do not trust or understand cryptocurrency, if you want to jump into it that's great but anyone in "power" who is getting "behind it" is just going straight onto my List and almost no one has lived to see themselves removed from it.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:58 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2021/11/04/incoming-nyc-mayor-eric-adams-pay-me-in-bitcoin/

This guy is going to be a massive tool isn't he
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:34 pm

Yeah Adams sucks shit
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:52 pm

What is the deal with the character known as "Elvira"?

Is she a monster? Some Svengoolie-type person?

I know there's a song about her and somehow it's a country song.  She is not a goth icon but what is she?/what does she do?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:14 am

I think she's a Svengoolie type, yeah. There was also a movie, never watched it though I frequently looked at the VHS box at the video store for a few years.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:30 am

Yeah, that's pretty much correct.  She's a riff on Vampira, who I think was the first of that "type."  You may have seen her in Plan 9 From Outer Space.  Vampira, I mean.  Glenn and the boys weren't the only ones from the punk and post-punk eras which were trying to bring back the late-night TV screenings of public domain horror films vibes.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:42 pm

zappo wrote:She's a riff on Vampira, who I think was the first of that "type."

Couldn't figure out if I remembered that right, didn't wanna google. RIP.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:12 am

undo wrote:I know there's a song about her and somehow it's a country song.  

Turns out that the Oak Ridge Boys song has absolutely nothing to do with her and is a cover of a much older song.

I say "much older" as if it was ridiculously ancient. You could cover a song from 2004 today and it would be even older than the song that they covered!

undo wrote:Some Svengoolie-type person?

I guess it was as good a guess as any but I had no idea how true it would be

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira%27s_Movie_Macabre

undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:48 pm

The Quad City DJs are from Florida Mad
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:13 pm

What? Bullshit.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:25 am

what the hell is We Don't Talk About Bruno

why is the Internet all over this all of a sudden
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:42 am

undo wrote:what the hell is We Don't Talk About Bruno

why is the Internet all over this all of a sudden

A song from the Disney movie Encanto. It’s a movie about generational trauma in a family. Bruno was a black sheep of the family and scapegoated.

The song is sung by relatives of the main character who are trying to convince her to not question about Bruno or the family secrets.

It’s actually a good movie, but I think another song is better lol.

(Seen it many times bc I have a kid)
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:14 pm

That movie came out on Thanksgiving iirc and it seemed like it came and went and produced no "Let It Go"-level cultural phenomenons but what do I know

I would definitely watch Encanto but it has been really tough to get back to the theater over the past two months and there has always been at least one film higher on the to-watch list whenever I have been able to do it. I am a grown adult who loves animation but I still have not even seen Soul, if that tells you anything.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

Post by damo suzuki Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:36 pm

coyote wrote:
    It’s actually a good movie, but I think another song is better lol.
    The under pressure song from Lusia is better IMO.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:41 pm

what is Wordle

edit: okay this took me a whole two minutes to learn on my own
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:48 pm

There is something called Elden Ring and it's a big deal
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:09 pm

why are people still talking about Hunter Biden?

you know who I mean by "people" but nevertheless what is it this time?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:31 pm

Why did they talk about Benghazi for like 8 years? Voters are stupid and conservatives love a bogeyman they can project whatever they want onto.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:03 am