Ned Braden
10 posters

Post some top notch sketch comedy vids

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post some top notch sketch comedy vids - Page 3 Empty Re: Post some top notch sketch comedy vids

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:17 am

undo wrote:I've been looking for this sketch for years. This is the only mention of it I can find online.

http://gabbyawards.blogspot.com/2016/09/saturday-night-live-season-20-reviews_29.html

Post some top notch sketch comedy vids - Page 3 Chrise10

Are the old SNL episodes all still on Hulu? We don't have it anymore but it could be just a matter of borrowing a password from someone I know.

Not sure whether you can watch old SNL on Hulu (holy shit it would be amazing if you could) but FEELING this post. Feeling it because:
    1. Chris Elliott at his comedic best was such a weird, fucked up niche thing that I love so much,
    2. I’m always searching for old sketches and unable to find them,
    3. Combination of 1 and 2 above… which is to say, I’m always searching for a weird fucked up sketch where Chris Elliot is a grown man giving a tween girl played by Mark McKinney (!) a ride home and the entire comedic premise of the sketch is that he’s getting her drunk on Zima (!) and he is going to rape her??!!!?

Edit:
    Found it! Man… I sorta can’t believe this existed
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/dr-henderson-and-the-babysitter/2861281
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post some top notch sketch comedy vids - Page 3 Empty Re: Post some top notch sketch comedy vids

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:42 pm

undo wrote:
    http://gabbyawards.blogspot.com/2016/09/saturday-night-live-season-20-reviews_29.html

It should come as no surprise, but I’m now reading all of these blog posts. Reliving childhood is fun. Thanks for that.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:51 pm

The Chris Elliott “Penis Measuring Machine” sketch that closes out this episode is utter perfection:

https://archive.org/details/saturday-night-live-s-20-e-16-john-goodman-the-tragically-hip
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:25 pm

Man… god damn

Again, thanks Undo for taking me down the Chris Elliott wormhole, especially cause I known there’s a good amount of worm-holin’ still yet to be holed. Chris Elliott is a performer who I’ve been a HUGE fan of pretty much since Cabin Boy came out when I was in middle/high school. One of my all time favorite “huh?” stories comes from this kid named Evan that I used to run high school cross country with. He found a vhs of Cabin Boy on the side of the road, watched it with absolutely no knowledge of what he was getting into, and decided it was his favorite film of all time and even though I haven’t seen him since like 2002, I assume this is still the case. Anyway, I still haven’t even delved into Get a Life and who knows how many golden minutes of him doing weird shit on Letterman, so now I have a good summer project to distract me when I don’t want to do important life/work bullshit.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:19 am

God, I miss Norm so much. Tonight was the first time I ever saw this, and good lord:

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:50 pm

Dude

The proto Garth going on here is really fun to watch.
    The rest of the sketch is so god damn weird and off-putting I love that this somehow ran on SNL.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:13 pm

I remembered the punchline from this sketch and thought about it weirdly frequently over the past 2+ decades. Tonight was the first time I’ve seen the sketch since watching SNL reruns on Comedy Central in high school.

God, I miss Phil Hartman so much. Here’s more Phil Hartman:

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:06 am

Phil Hartman’s death is probably the saddest thing I’ve been alive for.

Being alive on earth is not a great thing. And being dead is only slightly worse.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:33 pm

This is incredible:

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1140

Post by undo Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:18 pm

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:21 pm

LOL. I’m glad that exists, thank you for sharing.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:06 pm

Riding My Donkey Political Talk Show:

https://archive.org/details/saturday-night-live-s-23-e-13-roma-downey-missy-elliott

Unfortunately the only version of this I can find online is the link above (starts at the 31 minute mark).

This has so many great things going for it, but these are my favorites:
    - An absurd sketch that pretty much immediately goes off the rails (when Meadows falls off his donkey and everybody is on the verge of breaking) in the best way possible
    - Herb Alpert soundtrack
    - Sketch aired like, less than a year and a half after the premier of Fox News
    - “Mr. Apples”
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:12 pm

Jesus Christ

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:41 pm

I can’t even imagine this sketch existing in the current SNL universe:

Hartman was like the greatest comedic actor, the greatest dramatic actor, the greatest cartoon character, the greatest impressionist (real and cartoon variety), and the greatest showman all time and all wrapped into one. Also, and it’s weird that it took me this long to get to this point, but I wish the modern era lampooners of political monsters would spend more time charactaerizing them as knowing fiends. Rather than… idiots or whatever. Baldwin did a pretty good Trump. But he usually portrayed that asshole as an idiot. Which he is, but only when compared to actually smart people. He was and is still “smart” enough to advance his agenda of evil. So, playing him up as “dumb,” is weirdly playing into his own terrible, probably intentional schtick. Reagan knew what he was doing, so I love that Phil’s impression here puts that center stage (even if this was barely a political statement sketch)
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:09 pm

Phil Hartman is dead and we never had a live action movie of the Red Meat comic strip with Phil playing Milkman Dan, and this is the single greatest tragedy in human history.

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:28 pm

Deep cut.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:44 pm

Good lord this is some well-written stupidity and I love it:

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:17 am

Being a nerd/enthusiast about a thing is so weird in these times of all the content existing in the internets. Like, I consider myself a "music nerd," but I have no idea what is going on in music. I assume Olivia Rodrigo? I like that one "good for you" song.  

I'm a super huge sketch comedy nerd, but I hadn't actually watched SNL for like 10+ years. Correlates with when I stopped getting tv cable.  So this SNL deep dive I'm going into is yielding great results like Astronaut Jones (the absolute best shit ever...   there were like ten of these, and they were all exactly the same, and I feel like we were robbed and I wished we'd have gotten one hundred of them) or whatever the fuck this insane early SNL tenure Will Forte shit is:

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:00 pm

I wish I could be a teenage idiot forever. I miss keeping up with SNL.
    I honestly can’t imagine “keeping up with SNL” as an adult.

This random thought dump brought to you by the realization that I missed out on the Will Forte era and the worry that I’m missing out on some other era at the moment.

and

https://www.marktastic.com/2011/06/will-forte-michael-phelps-dancing-on-snl/

And

https://vimeo.com/40040107
    (RIP dude from The Band)

Among many others.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:07 am

Oh good lord:

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:38 am

Kinda super want to start a tik tok channel dedicated to me creating my own version of Will Forte dances to different Tijuana Brass songs.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1140

Post by undo Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:37 pm

Here's another one I need to find

https://snltranscripts.jt.org/87/87m.phtml

Jorge Garcia, Nice Guy Dictator

Summary: Not only is Jorge Garcia (Judge Reinhold) a ruthless dictator, he’s also a pretty nice guy. When a student protestor (Dana Carvey) throws a rock through his office window, Jorge makes him repair it immediately. When a newspaper reporter (Phil Hartman) prints a negative opinion, Jorge pulls his country’s advertisements from the newspaper.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:05 am

this is probably the greatest sketch ever

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:24 am

Can't find an embeddable youtube, but holy damn fuck:

https://streamable.com/073sp

I miss Phil Hartman so much. I wish he were my friend. And also that he'd not been murdered.
    His turn around the 4 minute mark is A+
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:44 pm

The new Kids in the Hall has some very strong sketches and I really want to post the one where Dave is a doctor bragging about his low drop average (as in, during baby delivery)… but can’t find it.

This one that I was able to locate was also pretty stellar:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=wXsrS6juG6ApA5UP&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fexclaim.ca%2F&source_ve_path=MTY0OTksMjg2NjQsMTY0NTA2&feature=emb_share&v=S5gM1pG6sps

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:57 pm