Ned Braden
10 posters

Post some top notch sketch comedy vids

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post some top notch sketch comedy vids - Page 4 Empty Re: Post some top notch sketch comedy vids

Post by Ned Braden Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:04 am

“I’m surprised at how hard KITH 2022 goes” is something I actually said, but that was sort of an idiotic statement since why should I ever have been surprised by that?

These dudes can do no wrong. I love them.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 283
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post some top notch sketch comedy vids - Page 4 Empty Re: Post some top notch sketch comedy vids

Post by BGwaves Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:36 pm

Watching Mr Show with my son.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:51 am

BGwaves wrote:Watching Mr Show with my son.

Fuck yeah.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:57 am

Entire episode is pure gold, but fast fwd to 7:20 for “garbage meatloaf” action with “Teresa!”
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:10 am

Also, “Three for the Moon” is in that episode, and I can’t believe I haven’t posted that one here yet.

Starts at 18:25
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:24 am

This is everything. It reminds me of that Vonnegut bit where Kurt talks about being born in the wrong time… and lamenting the fact that “in the cave man days I’d be admired as a Fred Astaire entertainer type, but as is, they just kick me out of the party for inappropriately dancing on top of the table like an ass” (not a direct quote?). But like… the exact opposite. Here, he’s sad his skills that could probably get him one of those Harvard MBAs won’t get him the manhoood vote vs a bunch of ten year olds who can do pull-ups.  Moral - humans are fucking idiots.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:32 am

Mark Mckinney as a teenage girl with braces is the best casting choice ever
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:02 am

Kids in the Hall might be the most rewatchable thing of all the things and of all time.

Upon, years later, second (or third, or fourth) viewing, you realize that the weird ass sketched that you didn't quite get as a youngun are actually the best.

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:24 am

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:54 am

Maybe I’m just having a weird night but I’ve never wanted to commit suicide more than I do right now.

techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 231

Post by techno raj Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:25 pm

Oh wow, thank you for reminding me about Bim Bam Baby! I hadn't thought about that one in a million years. Apparently its a Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet song, and the guy was a Toronto character actor named Brock Curley? Incredible job with a minute-long appearance with no dialogue.

Also Ned... how are you doing now? Obviously the LOPP house style includes a lot of dark stuff, so if I just missed the tone on some black humor, no problem. But wanted to ask just because of some stuff I've seen other people go through.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:15 pm

Thanks Raj.
    I’m doing good. That was a red flag comment that I should not have posted, but it was also 1 part sincere for the 5 parts joking.

Watching that sketch for the first time in years, which is honestly quite brilliant, I had a weird thought that every time in my life, from here on out, that I’m confident about being “the best looking man in the world” or literally any other positive thing, I’ll still be a pathetic old man whose best years are surely behind him. And I feel like I haven’t even gotten started yet. And that’s where the red flag comment came from.

Lifetime struggles with depression aside, I’m actually feeling good more than bad the vast majority of the time these days. Work life is good, love life is good, future is bright and i got things to look forward to.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:09 am

So fucking good
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:09 am

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:41 am

Pure fucking gold.

The soundtrack to this sketch sounds like some crazy ass no wave James chance shit and I dig it.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1140

Post by undo Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:31 pm

Neil Armstrong - The Ohio Years from Fred Gooltz on Vimeo.

I've been thinking about this for at least 20 years and figured I'd never see it again.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:31 pm

Who do you think is the all time funniest person who can also frequently be gratingly un-funny?

Mike Meyers and Martin short are probably my picks (imo Short wins the funnier contest and and Meyers more frequently grating).
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:34 pm

Starting at about 18:50… Bruce’s suicide note. I think about this all the time.

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1140

Post by undo Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 pm

NSFW

Oh I guess it doesn't embed because of that, guess you're gonna have to take a chance

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:56 pm