WP64
17 posters

going through some shit right now

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 812
    DispositionSunny.

going through some shit right now - Page 2 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by Duff... Fri May 29, 2020 2:45 am

Uh, don't kill yourself.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 997
    DispositionRock Guitars

going through some shit right now - Page 2 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by Ned Braden Fri May 29, 2020 4:01 pm

“undefeated big-ass spoonful of peanut butter” is a perfect turn of phrase. Other than that rather obvious observation, I don’t have anything useful to offer in terms of advice. What duff said. And good luck.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1144

Post by undo Fri May 29, 2020 4:05 pm

chunky or smooth?
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Fri May 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Duff... wrote:Uh, don't kill yourself.

Yeah, I know it probably wasn't a literal statement but definitely don't do this
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 876

Post by zappo Fri May 29, 2020 11:29 pm

undo wrote:chunky or smooth?

Neither has ever failed me until this week, but smooth (or creamy, if you will) has, historically, fixed the problem within microseconds. With chunky, it's more like milliseconds. Either way, George Washington Carver really would've been onto something if he'd invented them shits. Brimming with both flavor and curative properties!
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:30 pm

zappo wrote:Either way, George Washington Carver really would've been onto something if he'd invented them shits.

He didn't?
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:39 pm

I have been fighting with my company for the last two weeks. They desperately need employees to come back and work full-time right now. Since my plans have been postponed due to the ongoing global pandemic, I figured it was a good opportunity to make some more money and actually have health insurance (which would be really nice right now!)

So I wrote them a really nice email saying that I would like to come back but that I was hoping for a small raise (basically adjusting my salary to inflation). It took them about a week to respond and they just told me to fuck myself. I finally got them to accept a 4% raise and they changed my title at the company as well. They drafted an offer letter and I just looked at it. They included a "90 day trial period" that excluded me from accessing any of the company's benefits, including their subsidized health insurance. I am not a new employee (I have been there for two years in some capacity or another). So now I have to argue with them about this shit too... I basically just asked if they are seriously trying to deny me access health insurance during a pandemic? Basically the only reason that I am going back full time is because I really, really need to get health insurance because I have a persistent problem with my back and unfortunately it seems like I have a slipped or herniated disc in my spine. Mad

But sure, I should feel pressured into voting for Joe Biden. They can all go fuck themselves. I am already in conversation with labor organizers in Chicago because as soon as they get back going full-time I am organizing this office and forming a motherfucking labor union. Fuck this country!
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Been having massive waves of anxiety every night ever since lockdown started

it's not even directly related to the virus, though definitely a product of it, I think I've always had the inverse of social anxiety and not spending any time around people other than my family (flatmate's an essential worker, had to move back in for the duration) has me on the brink of panic attacks on a daily basis

the world's a hellscape I hope that one day we can all live, laugh and fuck again
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Most of my family is in Germany, but most of the stateside crew are split between the Chicagoland and Bay areas and Arizona. A real motley-ass crew, let me tell you.

One of my cousins was driving home from work in AZ, last week, and had to swerve to avoid someone who had illegally turned in front of her on a major highway. She avoided that accident, but had to swerve toward the median to do so. To avoid the median, she swerved back into traffic. She overcorrected, though, and her car skidded. Into a tree. The pictures of the wreck...are not something I will ever forget, as long as I live.

She has been in a coma for seven days, now. Her spine, pelvis, and shoulder are broken, along with most of her ribs. She has four active brain-bleeds. If she wakes up, which is (terrifyingly) not at all guaranteed, she may have serious brain damage. Or not, of course. FUCKING hell, do I hope not.

As I mentioned earlier and for the purposes of setting up this part of the story, this branch of my family of mostly liberal savages resides in Arizona. You may have heard some talk in the lamestream media about how AZ is experiencing a serious onslaught of COVID-19 cases. This means that nobody has been able to see her since this happened. A series of video calls with the doctors in the hospital is the closest her mother, father, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends have been able to get to her...and most of us, as I can tell you, have not even gotten that close.

I am a mostly numb wreck. "Mostly" because of the random panic attacks that keep suddenly springing up. I want to get out there but obviously cannot. There's nothing that I or anybody else can do except for wait and, I dunno, "hope for the best." AKA, we can't do anything. I remember the day she was born. I just...I don't know. This is awful.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:10 pm

I'm so sorry
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:56 pm

That is awful and I’m so sorry.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:15 pm

zappo that sucks and I'm really sorry... I guess saying that you and your family need to stick together right now is super obvious but also ignores the reality of the situation that makes that so challenging.

Stay strong!
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Fuck.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:19 am

Don't know what to say other than really, really sorry. I just watched my Dad go through that with his brother and it was really tough on him and the whole family. Hoping for a better result for you and yours.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:02 pm

After an emergency surgery on what I think might've been Sunday afternoon (it all runs together by now) to remove the left half of her skull to relieve the pressure on her brain, she was placed into a medically induced coma.  Her condition deteriorated rapidly, from there.  The doctors at that point started using phrases like "dignified death."  Tomorrow afternoon, she will be taken off of life support.  Only one person will be allowed in, so at least her father will be with her.  For various "family stuff" reasons that I'd rather not get into in a public post, the fact that the decision for him to be the one was reached cordially and with the consent of both parents makes this a particularly heartrending way for them to spend their last time together.  She had just turned 25 and started a business.  This cannot be real, and yet it is.  She never woke up, after the crash, and one of the several billion things that I cannot stop thinking about is how the last moments of her waking life were obviously of sheer terror.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:23 pm

I'm really sorry, man.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:27 pm

horrible, my condolences
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:07 pm

Really, really sorry Zappo. Crying or Very sad
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:05 pm

My condolences zappo.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 pm

i'm so sorry, zappo. sending you lots of love
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:48 pm

goddamn, Zappo. I'm sorry for the grief you all are experiencing right now, especially facing the thoughts about her last moments.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:49 pm

I greatly appreciate y'all's very kind words. I feel and appreciate them very fucking deeply. Thank you. But if you aren't in the market for deeply and maddeningly conflicting emotions, do not click through.

Spoiler:
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:50 pm

jesus jones wrote:i'm so sorry, zappo. sending you lots of love

I forgot to mention that I received your tapes in the mail. Thank you! A more fitting post for the "Crushing It" thread, obviously, but I'm already here!
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 980

Post by Nick Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:44 pm

On Sunday I noticed some swelling bumps/lesions across my left brow and they really hurt. It got worse on Monday so I went to the dermatologist. He diagnosed it as an infected pimple, gave me 3 steroid shots in the face & prescribed antibiotics.

On Tuesday the pain was growing and the swelling was spreading. This morning the pain was so bad I couldn’t sleep & was wandering around my house at 3AM. The lesions had only gotten worse & spread so I went to the ER. My left eye was swollen 75% shut.

The ER doc diagnosed me with Shingles. Gave me 3 more prescriptions as well & this totally sucks. I’m not at all equating it with other posts in this thread but it is definitely some shit.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:17 pm

zappo wrote:
    jesus jones wrote:i'm so sorry, zappo. sending you lots of love

I forgot to mention that I received your tapes in the mail.  Thank you!  A more fitting post for the "Crushing It" thread, obviously, but I'm already here!
    oh good, glad they made it! i hope they bring you a small amount of joy and peace.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:26 am