Ted Falconi
21 posters

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 7 Empty Re: Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Post by Michael K. Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:30 am

Duff... wrote:At some point during my spring hiatus I dreamed I was building a lego roller coaster with Raj and Michael K.

fuck yeah
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 7 Empty Re: Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Post by undo Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:11 pm

I wasn't homeless myself, nor was I volunteering to work at this thing, but somehow I found myself at a Thanksgiving dinner for the homeless. I got in line and then realized that all the other people in line were former WWF stars, many of which were still working in their old age, so lots of them were loading up their flimsy paper plates with as much food as the disposable dishes could possibly hold. I was a little nervous holding up the line waiting for workers to bring out a new tray of Jello--which I ended up only taking one teaspoon of for some reason--but they were all nice about it. Even after holding up the line I ended up dropping all my food on the floor but no one cared. Hulk Hogan was right behind me and I thought he was going to give me shit for this but he didn't.

Actually like half of these guys were shells of the men they'd used to be, I think because many of them had suffered dozens of concussions throughout their careers. Everyone was really quiet when we sat down to eat together.

I realized I was at the same table with Duff and I was trying to think of something to talk about but he also seemed kind of upset about something. He got up to leave and I asked him if he still went to the Gingerman every week and he said, oh I haven't been there in two or three years, whenever they had the Superbowl where every single commercial that they showed was just the trailer for Black Panther. Then he left and that was the end of that dream.

I say "that dream" because I'd had two incredibly elaborate ones earlier that night that were filled with more murder and violence than I've ever carried out/received/witnessed so this was a welcome reprieve to end the night on. None of you were in those fortunately.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:42 am

lol, think I've been to the Gingerman once, maybe twice.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:12 pm

I was walking down the street with bgwaves and we decided to cut diagonally across a park instead of sticking to the sidewalk. There was a children's playground in the park and a woman started berating me in Spanish for setting foot there without having any kids of my own.

I told her "yo soy un nino!" to try to be funny and this made her very angry. I climbed up a really tall slide and slid down it while she continued to yell at me. "Yo soy un chico muy mal!" I yelled back at her.

I don't know any Spanish and I usually am not hostile to people like that IRL or in dreams so I'm wondering if this was a window into some racist or misogynistic side of myself that's usually kept hidden from my waking conscious mind.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:48 pm

Maybe BG brings that kinda thing out of you.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:03 pm

Casual racism aside, fuck the playground police.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:11 pm

Was walking through a friend's house and they were doing a marathon of this movie series called Beer League Champions, starring Bob Odenkirk. As the title would suggest, it was some comedy about people drinking too much and taking intramural baseball (or was it softball? I don't think it ever quite came up) too seriously. John Madden and some other famous announcer did the play by play. I was going in and out of the room, just catching bits and pieces, until I hung out a little longer during what must've been Beer League Champions 3. It was told in flashback, starting with one of Odenkirk's teammates standing outside a wrecked car looking distressed in a shirt and tie explaining how we got here to a couple of women and the audience. The flashback starts with the boys finally winning the championship, and there's a shot of the three main characters (I forget who the other two were, maybe just some career character actors) wearing sunglasses with big smiles on their faces, holding the trophy while smoking 7, maybe 8 cigars at once. Soon Odenkirk is sneaking around his wife's back with the blonde-bimbo type you used to see in movies like this, to which I thought, "Oh, he get s a big head from winning some local softball league and ruins his life? That's stupid." And I went and did something else.

It was one of those things where it was so vivid that you wake up sure that this was a real series of movies that existed, and I think the big thing that convinced me of this was where I first looked at the screen and thought, "Oh yeah, Ned Braden posted about this saying something like, 'Bob Odenkirk, getting drunk, making jokes about baseball? That's something I can get into.'"
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:50 am

Jesus i love everything about that post so much and I really hope the other famous announcer was Bob Uecker.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:26 am

Ha, nah, I'd recognize him. Matter fact I'm pretty sure I thought, "Guess they got John Madden for the Bob Uecker role."
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:02 pm

I was hooking up with Charli XCX and I felt sorta bad about it cause she was Zappo’s girl (not actually, they hadn’t met and therefore we weren’t cheating per say, but it was an unspoken understanding that she was his all time gal and so this felt like a betrayal). Anyway, we were having a normal adult sleepover where we were playing Mario Brothers 3 and between koopa worlds we’d fuck and fool around and stuff. But it was a different version of Mario 3, one where the levels were different and where the damage incurred in the game would actually cause you harm irl. We were at the final level and I was really hurting… like on the verge of death. And I beat it, but there was some sort of asterisk… for some reason, it didn’t count and she had to beat the last level too otherwise I would die. She was on the verge of either winning or dying… real down to the wire stuff, and the game froze like old NES had a habit of doing and neither of us really knew what that meant… would I be able to make a full recovery? Anyway, I was like consciously slipping off into a coma at this point and told her to go find Zappo, who for whatever reason in my dream would be somewhere near Dundee Crown High School in the Chicago suburbs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 pm