Duff...
Ted Falconi
21 posters

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 2 Empty Re: Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Post by undo Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Bruegel wrote:They Live

watched this 2 nights ago
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 2 Empty Re: Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Post by Ned Braden Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 am

undo wrote:
    Bruegel wrote:They Live

watched this 2 nights ago

Never seen this, but would love to. Would also love to play any role made famous by Roddy Piper, natch.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:08 pm

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Like you were hanging out with your own web persona or that guy from that band.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:51 am

not strictly members-only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum-related but i had to share.

in my dream last night, this dude had moved in to the flat directly above mine:

considering I haven't watched that clip in about 3 years it was a remarkably accurate representation.... all the jerky speedfreak mannerisms, vocal tics and few of the choice phrases verbatim.

i'd gone upstairs to ask him to keep the music down (it was ABC's The Look of Love played so loud that we couldn't hear our telly). He was quite friendly but told me he couldn't turn it down because the "Van Buren Boys" had moved in next door and he was using ABC to drown out the sound of them playing ACDC. He turned off his music to show me. it was totally silent but Trent insisted he could hear it. i made my excuses and left.

I watched The Van Buren Boys episode of Seinfeld about three weeks ago so that explains that. i think Trent's presence is accounted for by the picture of Ivan Maric that Monotony posted in the AFL thread.

Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 am

wish i could take the credit for this:

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 2 Tumblr_mlcxscJyjg1s6ylubo1_500

Dear Jim,

Please paint me Alan Partridge and The Ultimate Warrior posing for a photo in Alan’s room at Linton Travel Tavern? At the right side of the room, The Proclaimers are hurtling down through the floor and out through the ceiling in a continuous loop through teleportation holes from the Portal games.

Cheers,

Steven Kirkwood
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:25 am

Laughing out loud.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:02 am

I would walk 500 miles... for cake? :cutie:
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:16 am

Bruegel wrote:wish i could take the credit for this:

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 2 Tumblr_mlcxscJyjg1s6ylubo1_500
    If someone turned these into a point and click adventure game I would play the shit out of it.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:30 am

Holy shit now I'm getting visions of those little point and click gremlins from my old DOS computer doing things to manipulate the characters in this picture... throws the rock, hits the top proclaimer bro who flails around, disrupts bottom proclaimer who shoots lazer, hits warrior, tightens headlock...

Fuck.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:31 am

saw a dude wearing the T-Rex Attack tee at a hipster dive last night. Jims blowing up.....

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 2 Trexblue
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 pm

First assumed The Ultimate Warrior had Steve Martin is The Jerk in a headlock.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue May 07, 2013 11:43 am

last night's:
    so after putting some money one of those giant vending machines where you put in a few quarters to get a plastic egg-ish thing containing stickers or little toys or something, i opened my clear plastic egg to find immaculate figurines of characters from The Good Solider Svejk (which I have not read and only know from posts here).
    someone told me they were incredibly rare, the rest of the set was in the machine somewhere. what followed was me turning into that guy who spent his life savings on a carnival game attempting to buy all of the plastic eggs one by one until I completed the set. I did not complete the set.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:28 am

So members-only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum was a slumber party where I had the remote control and could change what videos were playing on MTV and what Nintendo games were on. I know Elastico and Waylon and Undo were there, but it gets kinda blurry because my brothers and my cousin and a few friends from high school and college were too, and I swear only four or five people were there total. Maybe people were phasing in and out of each other, maybe people were logging out, I dunno. What I do know is that Pong kept trying to steal the remote from me. Eventually he remembered a backdoor way of dominating the room that Madr0x gave him. I knew about this and also knew that Madr0x had it boobie trapped. So Pong made his move and the TV screen went aqua with dark blue shadows and the landscape looked like a valley with giant Greek statues on the ground and just as it finished rendering it all fell into a pit with a demonic Madr0x laugh. I did feel a bit bad, so I said "Sorry Marty," and it had that same demonic tenor to it, and I guess the idea was he could hear and see us but not interact with us like in Being John Malkovich. The night went on as usual and a couple of times my brother tried to steal the remote, but I reassured everyone I wasn't going to hog the admin remote, don't worry.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:23 am

imlikewhoa
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Last night I dreamed that Ned Braden and I were sitting in a bar talking about classic black hockey jerseys.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Japanese musician Cornelius was playing at Lollapalooza and was critically injured when the stage he was performing on collapsed.

I wasn't at the show but was reading about it online and Paves posted something here about how he was a fucker and deserved it for some reason.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:22 pm

I think I said something similar to that about the tUnE-yArDs chick this one time.

It was only a fantasy, sadly.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:58 am

Got a voicemail from Red27, where she was swearing at me and generally saying what a lousy person I was. She finished off with something like, "Hope you and GirlWithAspirin have a happy life together."

I've never met any of these people.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:27 am

Forgot what thread I was in when I read your post. Also assumed the girl with the aspirin was your real life partner and not a boarder at all.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:58 pm

I had a dream, last night.  I was housemates with Slash, a Polish dude who ate raw potatoes, and a nondescript heterosexual couple.  We had to kick out the potato dude, because he was moody and annoying and kind of freaking us out.  At the same time, Slash and I were trying to figure out how best to host in-house concerts (the layout wasn't really convenient for crowds or clear sound).  When I say that Slash and I were trying to figure it out, I mean that he was playing guitar solos in front of a towering stack while I asked him what he thought.

In the meantime, I was getting legal advice for a murder I committed.  I'm pretty sure that I had murdered Chris Blackwell's elderly mother, even though "she" was a dude in the dream.  This was notable not only because Chris Blackwell was in my dream, but also because he was married to one of my ex-girlfriends.

Oh, and I was wearing really nice mahogany leather shoes and somehow using them to cut the grass in our backyard which was actually a massive, multi-colored rug.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:18 pm

^ brilliant
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 2 Tumblr_mq73bwpxX91s6ylubo1_1280

System of a Downton Abbey
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Dreamed that a bear stole my dunebuggy and forged a letter stating that he had permission to drive it which he signed "Reuben."
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Unfortunately I don't have a dunebuggy irl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:53 pm