Duff...
Ted Falconi
21 posters

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 3 Empty Re: Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Post by Bruegel Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:04 am

In my dream last night there was a bit where I was on a Filipino fishing trawler being paid to review Youtube videos in a tiny cabin.

The one I was watching was a montage (footage and stills) of sporting brothers, put to the song Brothers by Hot Chip. There was some really well edited highlights of the fabulous German footballing twins, Lars and Sven Bender, interspersed with action featuring Sumo siblings Terao and Sakahoko.

Worth noting that I haven't, to my knowledge, heard that Hot Chip tune for at least two years.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 3 Empty Re: Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Post by Michael K. Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Dreamt I was at the doc's and she needed a semen sample. Went to the bathroom to work on that, but was having quite the rough time of it. Spent most of the dream anxiously fretting on how I was going to tell the doc about the long weekend I had just had w/ the wife and how it was impacting my present performance.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Mon May 12, 2014 7:38 pm

In last night's dream, Undo was the head of the IT Department and was the ringleader for a gang of IT nerds who were routinely playing pranks on me and my boss, at a job that was apparently identical to the one that I now hold, except that our offices were located in the block on my childhood home in Seattle.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri May 16, 2014 8:40 am

Raj and I were at the bank together seeing about a small biz loan that would allow us to oversee maintenance of the Divvy bikes. To my knowledge, neither of us are experts in the field, however we are presentable.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 231

Post by techno raj Fri May 16, 2014 12:00 pm

We'll fake it till we make it Kyle
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Wed May 21, 2014 11:53 am

petey was definitely in my house last night, yeah

we drank a fuckload of elite beers

today we ate burritos

truly the solidest of bros
    petey
    petey
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 49

Post by petey Wed May 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Bruegel is definitely a solid bro for busting balls and sipping brews. Thanks for letting me crash.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Me and my co-worker were being driven around the city by Greg Kot and Jim DeRogatis. Kot was at the wheel. At a stop light Kot asks, "Where you getting off, anyway?" My co-worker answers we're just down the street. Kot looks at her and says "Really?" and immediately gets out of the car and the two of us follow him. Jim doesn't bother getting up. I call back "Sorry Dero."
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Bruegel was in my dream last night. He was spinning Perry Cuomo deep cuts and lived in an indoor rock climbing wall.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Last night in my dream I had tickets to see D'Angelo at Crystal Lake Central High School. My dad and brother were supposed to join me, but they backed out last second and couldn't make it, even though they live right across the street. Once I got inside, the high school transformed into this giant music hall. There was some opening act that I didn't recognize, but it was definitely jammin. I was feeling really good, until I got thrown out for being too white. Duff was there, and tried to help me sneak back in through the rear, but a bouncer caught us and yelled at him. He looked like a human version of his old avatar from JDFF, and was also white, but they let him back in, presumably because he was way less of a phony than me. As I was walking home dejected, I met up with my dad and brother in the field in front of Central where we used to play pickup football, and we sat on a log together talking about old times.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:24 pm

reuben wrote:Bruegel was in my dream last night.  He was spinning Perry Cuomo deep cuts and lived in an indoor rock climbing wall.
    Lol. Frighteningly accurate.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Post by vIv Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:12 pm

reuben wrote:Bruegel was in my dream last night.  He was spinning Perry CLuomo deep cuts.

fixed
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Post by vIv Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:13 pm

Oooh, I love my new neon-fringed Paul Allen avatar. Thanks admins!
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:20 am

Ned I think if that happened in real life my complexion and my authenticity would have had me looking for a spot on the log.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:40 pm

I dreamt that there were several lyrical references to "LOPP" on the new Rolling Stones album.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Post by vIv Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:08 pm

Last night, following a sailing trip in the interior Puget Sound returning from Port Townsend to Port Ludlow via Marrowstone-Indian Island, Ned Braden signaled to me from an imaginary island somewhere along Point Olele off of Mats Mats Bay and our whole ship crew joined him for a climb of a large, quasi-Olympic mountain. Ned was a brisk climber and we couldn't keep up with him, but I knew it was Ned and tried to keep up. All that running has really kept him fit!!! Woke up after seeing Ned scaling a high gully to attain the Summit, a good 1500 feet above our sailing party.
    ? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Post by ? Ospink Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:58 pm

I had two of them - both had Ned Braden in them. It's peculiar.

In the dreams he's older now then I am by twenty years. So in a sense he's the older man. Anyway, first one I don't remember too well but it's about meeting him in town somewhere, he's giving me some money. I think I lose it. The second one, it's like we're both back in older times and I'm on horseback going through the mountains at night. Going through this pass in the mountains. It's cold and there's snow on the ground and he rides past me and keeps on going. Never says anything going by. He just rides on past... and he has his blanket wrapped around him and his head down and when he rides past I see he's carrying fire in a horn - the way people used to do and I can see the horn from the light inside of it. About the color of the moon. And in the dream I know that he's going on ahead and he's going to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and in the dream I know that whenever I get there he will be there.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:47 pm

I was sitting in a Popeye's Chicken after a perhaps too dramatic and stressful wait in line trying to decide between the fried chicken or the fried vegan chicken substitute (the only items on the menu at this location, both drowning in gravy (I went with the chicken)), when Paves walks in and asks me if I wanna go to a Brian Eno concert. I said sure and we hopped on a bus that took us all around the city. We never got there.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Damn.

The Popeye's on Damen/Fullerton/Elston kind of fell out of favor for me as a "main haunt" last year, I'm sad to say.  The memories do live on, however.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:42 pm

Whoa
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Last night in my dream I was reading Chrono threads posted from the old Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Prison forum.  They were pretty subversive with no/few replies. I wish I could recall more details.  Probably stumbled across some Big Dogg posts at some point, as well!
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:54 am

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with vivid recall of the details of a dream, went downstairs, had a glass of water, peed and went back up. Now the only thing I can remember is that I was in some kind of group bunk bed barracks environment and Raj and Yancy had a disagreement that resulted in a fistfight. I can't remember who won, but he kicked the shit out of the other guy.

I don't usually have dreams of violence or even conflict, and It's going to drive me crazy trying to remember the rest of this thing.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:49 am

i'm not sure i could handicap a raj v yancy battle. yancy has height & reach but i'm suspecting raj keeps himself a bit more fit.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:03 am

Yancy seems like he'd be a bit more aggressive but I also feel like Raj is patient and would quickly capitalize on any mistake.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:57 am

Was in England playing a super glitchy Streets of Rage 2 with Bruegel and some other dudes (on the Mega Drive obvs) when suddenly me and said dudes found ourselves on a snowy city street. I asked what the hell just happened and one of the dudes replied, "Bruegel said he was tired so he sent us back to America." I took that in for a second before responding. "Eh, alright. So what state are we in?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 am